***Shorts #2: Dipper's Guide to the Unexplained

#54: The Mailbox (Takes place after "Bros before Dinos")

Dipper and Y/n went back to the path they once came from, this time bringing their supplies. They recently discovered an abandoned mailbox lying in the middle of the forest. They had to investigate and inspect closer. Soos wanted to come with and now the three were walking up to the mailbox.

Y/n had the camera ready in her hands, pointing at Dipper. "Look good?" he asked her.

"Yep. You look nice."

He smiled, a faint blush in his cheeks but he cut himself off by clearing his throat. "Okay, we're starting. Soos, you got your costume ready?"

"I'm so ready, dude," Soos replied after putting on a coat and a pair of safety glasses. "I feel so much like an expert."

"That's what we want you to be, Soos," Y/n said, chuckling slightly. "Okay, ready? Three, two, one, and..." she pressed the button, giving Dipper the nod.

And that's when Dipper took the cue. "Welcome back to Dipper's Guide to the Unexplained. Anomaly #54: The Mailbox."

He reached out his hand towards the middle and Y/n swiped to the right, showcasing the mailbox. "There it is, in the middle of the forest. No house. No address. Today, me and my team of experts..."

Soos walked into frame. "'Sup?"

"Hey," Y/n followed, waving her hand in front of the camera.

". . . are gonna put a letter in and see who picks it up." Dipper finished, standing beside her.

"My letter posits a salient question: "Sup Dawg?"" Soos said, showing a folded letter that he wrote before slotting it inside.

Dipper nodded. "Now we're gonna hide behind a bush, and wait for someone to come by-"

The mailbox began to shake violently. "What the-?!" Y/n said, zooming in the post.

"Whoa!"

The flag of the mailbox was raised, indicating that there was already a reply. "Did you see that?" Soos asked, wearily stepping closer.

Dipper ran towards the mailbox. "Open it!"

"No, you open it, dude! I'm not touching a ghost mailbox!"

The two looked at Y/n for any guidance, to which she just gave a shrug. "Might just be harmless. You go open it."

"Okay, here goes." Dipper reached over and pulled the cover open. He retrieved a closed letter inside the box, with an insignia stamped in the middle as a seal. Dipper brought the letter closer to the camera and upon closer inspection, Y/n noticed an infinity symbol in the emblem.

"That's not our letter, dude!" Soos remarked.

Dipper opened the letter, peeking what's inside. "It says..." he gasped loudly before turning the letter, facing the lens. "'Hello, Y/n, Dipper, and Soos'!"

"It knows our names!" Y/n questioned, tilting her head slightly. "Is it like an all-knowing mailbox?"

"Let's test it."

Luckily for this particular experiment, the trio bought enough blank paper to use. Soos thought of a question that he wanted to ask as a test if the mailbox was truly all-knowing. "'What did I shave into my head this morning?'"

He placed the letter inside, and not even a second that the mailbox shook and shivered and its flag was raised. Soos pulled out the reply, opening it and reading it out loud. "'A baby duck holding a paddle ball'. Dude, it knew!"