Chapter 39: His Lost. Our Gain.

Start from the beginning

If interested, contact me at this e-mail address so we can discuss the terms of a meeting with you and your band mates.

Regards,
Vincent Campbell
Manager, Hopeless Records.
_________________

Alex came back just when I finished reading. She noticed my state of shock and asked what caused it. She ended up taking the phone from my hands only to enter a state of shock herself. I managed to look at her, slowly turning my head, just as she was also doing it. I've heard those words from her before, but they had a whole different meaning now.

"Danny is going to be so sorry."

Inside the plane, I took a picture of Alex and I and uploaded it to Instagram.

' @Vero1996: Sayōnara, Georgia. We got some business to attend to. '

Then, I uploaded a picture of the view outside from the window before I couldn't use my phone anymore.

' @Vero1996: Hint: Rated B for Bops. Give it a minute. #BandRefrencesNobodyGets '

-x-

Now, off of the plane and on Californian ground, Alex and I took my car and left to our apartment. Once there, we left our things and I texted the guys.

' Meet @ my aunt's bar. '

Even though I arranged the meeting, Alex and I were the last ones there. I walked straight to the backstage launch, where we always meet, and Alex couldn't keep up with my pace. When I entered, Roy, Daisy and Mark were distributed around the room and their faces meet mine in unison. I didn't gave them a chance to say 'hello', I just started talking.

"So, Danny left. His lost. Our gain. Because lady" I said looking at Daisy, the only lady in the room. Then I addressed the rest. "and gentlemen, we just might have a record deal." They all looked excited except Daisy. She looked confused.

"So we got a record deal and no vocalist. How is that gonna work?" She asked.

"Well, my dearest, obviously you weren't here from day one so you don't know how things used to run around here." I said. I changed my posture and laid my hands at my hips. "I'm gonna be front road again."

"And leave lead guitar? Are you crazy?" Asked Roy.

"I'm glad you asked." I said just before Alex entered the room. When she did, the three of them showed surprise and excitement before rushing over to her and hugging her.

Mark, who was the band's clown, spoke with overly excitement and made us all laugh. It's the third time I hear the phrase and by now, it felt like a reality.

"Oohh Danny is going to be sooo sorry!!"

We went right into band practice afterwards.

"You still got it in ya', blondie?" Asked Roy. Alex looked at him, then at me. She took her electric guitar and started shredding an amazing solo we learned on our first high school years. Her hands moved like a true pro and she left Roy speechless.

"I'm a little rusty." She said with sarcasm and fake modesty before we started playing.

The new sound was how Rated B is suppose to sound like. It's fresh, strong and playful. We'll be just right without Danny. I should've been expecting the clapping after the last guitar strum.

A man was standing in front of the stage slow clapping. I assumed his identity but he introduced himself anyways.

"Good evening. I'm Vincent Campbell. You must be Veronica." He said motioning his hand towards me to shake. After I jumped down off the stage, I gave his hand a firm shake that let him know I meant business and explained what was he doing here to my band mates.

We all sat down and started the meeting. After we explained the Danny situation, he said the arrangements of the deal for us to deliver.

"We can offer you ten years. You'll have a place to practice if you wish, some new instruments if needed, and a manager would be assign to you. Do you have any original music?" He asked.

"Right here." Said Alex before I could even speak. She handed him a USB driver and he took it gratefully.

"Great." He said with a slight hint of a smile. "I'll take this with me. We'll see each other again soon and, when we do, you'll be able to read all the agreements and analyze. Until then," he said as he searched into his jacket pocket. "here's my card." And with that, he stood up and simply left.

-x-

Back in the apartment, I went onto social media -Instagram, to be exact- and found a post from Ian in which I was tagged.

' @iansomerhalder: My Brazil right now... It has been great so far. I'll admit it could be better but @Vero1996 is living the rock star life back in USA. We're both missing out somehow. '

Of course, I told him about the record deal. That explains his comment... And the fan's comments.

' Best bromance ever. Don't even care if it's suppose to be boy/boy '

' Rated B going big! Finally!! '

' My favorite actor and my favorite singer. Ship it! '

Since I couldn't sleep, I did the only thing that gets me through the night. And it wouldn't hurt to have some more original songs.