𝟖: 𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐂𝐮𝐩𝐢𝐝

Start from the beginning

"Yeah that sounds about right." He said as he reached over the table and took her hand in his. "But don't worry, I will help you get those memories back so that you can tell me all about your childhood." Steve said, catching Cassie by surprise.

"Yeah, but..." Cassie said as she took a deep breath and leaned back in the booth. "I've been thinking lately, and what if the reason I voluntarily went into that chamber was so that I could forget. I mean I did witness my parents die right in front of me, and it can't be a coincidence that a couple months later I went into that chamber. Then wake up 18 years later with no memory." She said as Steve simply shook his head and continued keeping her hand in his.

"But what if you went into that chamber for a different reason and losing your memory was just a terrible side effect that wasn't counted on." Steve said as Cassie simply shrugged. "But don't worry, we will figure it out." He added getting Cassie to smile as he held her hand.

After their date the two made their way to the cemetery where Fury's burial site was located. They came upon Sam on their way there. He joined the two and soon they were joined by Fury who had replaced his eye path for a pair of sunglasses.

"So, you've experienced this sort of thing before." Fury said letting his presence known as he comes to stand in front of his grave.

"You get used to it." Steve simply said as Cassie stood between him and Sam.

"We've been data mining HYDRA's files. Looks like a lot of rats didn't go down with the ship." Fury said, looking over between Steve and Cassie. "I'm headed to Europe tonight. Wanted to ask if you'd come." Fury said as he averted the statement towards Cassie.

"I don't think so. I have something here for me that I want to try.." Cassie said as she turned to Steve and sent him a smile.

Fury simply nodded as she saw the two interact. He already knew Steve's answer as well. He'd probably want to stay back to keep an eye out for Bucky. Fury then averted his eyes over to Sam.

"How about you, Wilson? Could use a man with your abilities." Fury said, looking Sam's way.

"I'm more of a soldier than a spy." Sam simply responded as Fury nodded.

"Alright, then." Fury said before extending his hand out for the two men to take.

When he turned to Cassie he pulled her in for a tight hug.

"I'm proud of you kid." He whispered to her before pulling away.

"Anybody asks for me, tell them they can find me, right here." He told them as he pointed down at the grave in front of them.

From a distance she saw Natasha approaching them with a file in hand. Cassie quickly excused herself and made her way over to the woman leaving the men behind.

"I got the thing you asked me for." Natasha said with a smile as Cassie took the file in hand.

"Thank you." Cassie said as she opened it up and saw that it held all the information she needed.

"I see the two of you went on that date after all. How was it?" Natasha asked, getting Cassie to look up from the file.

"Believe it or not it was nice. It helped us see that there is something being shared between us." Cassie said as the two started walking back to the men.