__________

"Where's manager?" Shirou asked as he looked around but couldn't find you anywhere in the room.

"She-"

"Is she outside? She probably blames herself for what happened even though it was me who begged her to take me outside. I should probably go and talk to her," Shirou said as he tried to get up but was immediately pushed back down gently by his brother.

"She's not outside. She left." Asuto said and a frown immediately spread across Shirou's face.

"What do you mean she left? Why?" He asked. Hikaru then explained everything.

"And nobody bothered to go looking for her?!" Shirou couldn't believe what he was hearing. How could his brother act like this. Sure, he knew about his brother's anger issues but this was just too much. It wasn't even her fault.

And they all just stood there acting like everything was alright while you were out there, probably soaking wet in the rain and having no where else to so because he was sure as heck that you wouldn't just go home.

The more he thought about it, the more angrier he got.

Then the door opened and Anna walked in. "What happened, I got a call telling me that I should come to the hospital right away...... And where's Maya?" Anna asked.

They explained everything thing to her and her eyes widened in shock.

"No, no, no, no. This is bad, this is very bad" she paced round the room. "Did anyone see which direction she went?" she asked but they all shook her head.

"She never told you, did she?" Anna sighed. With everyone's confused look, she already knew the answer.

"I think it's time you all knew why Maya left America and came to Japan." Anna said as she took a seat, everyone's eyes following her every movement.

"When Maya was still in America, she was the manager for one of North America's football team, 'The Blue Dragons'. They were a very good soccer team who had dreams of playing in the FFI one day." She started.

"Maya was a very quiet girl, she didn't really say much and they'd always take advantage of that. I met Maya on one of my trips to America and we'd stayed in touch. She would always tell me how they never treated her right over there. They'd take the frustration of losing a match on her and always blamed her for everything bad thing that ever happened. She was like their personal punching bag," no one said a thing as they all listened attentively.

"Once the team had entered into the American Prelims, they were on a winning streak and fortunately for Maya, she could finally take a break from all the stress and all the violence. But all that came crashing down when they lost the final match against Star Unicorn so they didn't get to play in the world tournament. That was what tipped them over the edge. Thankfully Ichinose found her but he was already too late,"

"It took a while but she finally came around. He then handed her over to me and asked me to take her back to Japan. It took a lot of convincing but she later agreed. By then, you all had just won the match against Russia and became world champion."

"I decided to enlist her as one of Inazuma Japan's managers and thankfully, she was chosen. She had never stepped foot in America since that day."

None of them could believe this. And you never said a word to anyone of them. "W-We have to find her," Shirou tried to stand up but his brother won't let him. "We all just can't storm out and start looking, we need to think rationally" he said.

"He's right, she could literally be anywhere" Nosaka said. "We'll split up. First person to find her must call the rest immediately" Endou said and everyone nodded before leaving Shirou and Anna in the hospital.

*⚽*

It's been an hour now and there was still no sight of you. It was raining heavily so finding you was posing to be a bigger challenge than they'd anticipated.

You sat in a playground beside one of the slides. You had no idea where you were. At least the sound of the harsh rain was able to drown own the voices in your head a bit.

"Maya!" Someone called the out to you but it sounded so far away. You raised your head up from it's spot on your arm as you looked around. Your eyes burned as water ran down from your hair into your eyes forcing you to shut them tight.

Then all of a sudden the rain stopped. Huh? You thought as you forced your eyes opened to see an umbrella hovering over your head.

"Maya are you alright? We've been looking all over for you," Nosaka's voice reached your ears as you felt him rap his jacket round your body before picking you up in his arms while Nishikage continued to hold the umbrella over your heads.

You didn't know where he was taking you to but your eyes started feeling heavy. You tried to stay awake but the sudden warmth was pulling you down. Soon you'd already succumbed to the darkness.

~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the late update guys. Was busy with a few tests but thankfully we're on a short break so I'll try to update more. Thanks for all the love on the story. I really appreciate it🤍. Till the next chapter👋.