"Yeah? That's exactly what the fuck the FEDS would say?" A young man, no more than 21 years old speaks up.

He's got his hands tucked into the front of his jeans, staring maliciously.

"No." Matteo says. "In this tiny little house? In the middle of an inner city neighborhood? They'd have had the block cut off and surrounded before you even noticed. They'd have had a sniper with a dot on your chest before you could even stand to your feet to run. But you've never actually dealt with the FEDS, have you?"

Matteo is looked up and down like he's crazy.

"I have no beef with you. To be frank, I don't give a damn about any of you." Matteo speaks bluntly. "But you have a mission to carry out...."

He pulls out a handkerchief of jacketed hollow point bullets, designed to fragment.

"And I need to make sure you get that done."

######

"Wait, wait, wait." Harper says, shaking her head and putting her fingers on her temples. "Hold on."

She takes a minute to think, breathing in all of the information that she's being told, everything that she's reading.

"So he's really been arrested for.. connection to a murder?"

"Yes." Yeonjun states as they sit in Harper's living room.

After listening to his voicemail this morning, Harper called him during her lunch with Yoongi. He told them the information about the arrest that he found and suggested that they meet after work to talk more about it.

Yoongi isn't present due to his appointment but Harper is all ears and stunned.

"And they've got actual.. evidence?"

"Yes. His fingerprints along with Quentin and Jamel's were found at the scene of the drive-by shooting. They pulled Quentin and Jamel's a week ago but by then, Quentin was dead and they couldn't find Jamel until he was hospitalized. But he was unconscious and then he died."

"And Jahlil's?" Harper asks. "When did they pull his?"

"The morning that they arrested him. They kept getting partial prints, I guess but they found a good one. And since he's already in the system-."

"All they needed was a warrant."

"Mhm."

"Oh my God. Okay. So what now? We have court tomorrow. If he doesn't show up, then that looks bad on him. Especially if it's because he's been arrested for murder."

"Exactly." Yeonjun says. "All of this is public information. It's all over the news. All that we have to do is bring this up in court tomorrow and afternoon and he's done. There's literally no possible way the judge will be able to grant him anything."

"And his mother? What about her?"

"There's no such thing as grandparents' rights in this state. She's got nothing." Yeonjun assures.

Harper lets out a sigh of relief.

"Okay." She sighs. "Alright. That's good. This is.. good. We'll just go to court tomorrow like normal, breathe and just.. be calm. Not too much of anything. Just calm and collected."