29| Mark of Satisfaction

Aurelia

He helped me into another one of his t-shirts after he made his promise, his hands indulging in my warmth as he dragged his fingers over my curves. A deep rumbling sound unearthed from the depths of his chest as he pulled me into his orbit once again, the sound igniting along our mate bond and sparking against my core.

He hated covering me up, I could see it written all over his face as his eyes devoured every inch of my skin, watching in displeasure as the fabric fell over it.

I bit my tongue to stop the laugh from bubbling past my lips, but it was no use when the sheer delight of knowing that he was mine was too much to keep hidden from him.

Adriel growled when he took in my smile, pulling me closer into his arms as they wound around my waist. He looked down at me with a sternness that didn't quite meet his gaze, the greyish colour brightening into silver as he breathed in my happiness like it was the only air he could take in.

Everything about him was so addictive, his essence drenched in passion and possessiveness, his heart full of so much compassion for me that he could barely contain it. If I hadn't already known it from the beginning, I knew now that it would be an impossible thing not to fall in love with him when everything he did was so damn endearing. He looked at me like I was the last star in the sky, breathed me in like every breath was mine to have, and touched me like nothing else could ever compare. It was almost like he believed life wasn't worth living without me in it and I knew the intensity of his feelings should have scared me, but it wasn't like I didn't feel the same.

I couldn't get enough of it, and I never wanted it to end.

I leaned into him, the gravitational pull of his body an undeniable force as a soft sound of appreciation smoothed between us. I pressed my lips over the crest of his shoulder, kissing a line of devotion across his flesh as I settled my hands against his forearms. His muscles tensed as his hold on me became more determined under the will of my desperation, his hands shoving under the material of the shirt he had just dressed me in as the warmth of his touch danced along the lines of my body, moving along my stomach and bridging the gap from my ribs to my—

I sucked in a breath when he grasped at one of my breasts, proving his desires for me were just as demanding as my own. My eyes widened as I looked at him, the ghost of a smirk touching the edge of his lips as he growled out a sound of affection and I melted against him.

"How I've managed to live without you for so long is a miracle of its own." He murmured, "Especially now that I can barely move from one room to the next without wanting to ravish you." I gasped as he took my nipple between his fingers, watching me whimper as he played with the puckered tip before he pinched it—hard.

I could barely catch my breath as I moaned out for him, angling my head so that my face was pushed into the crook of his neck. He grumbled out a string of profanities as my lips pressed against the tendons of his throat, suckling at his skin this time as I continued to mark him up with my kisses.

"I'm yours to do as you please," I whispered, "So ravish me as you want—wherever, whenever, however." I sighed as I crushed my body against his chest, rubbing against him with my readiness as I waited patiently for his control to shatter.

His breathing became heavier as he felt me, his hands moving between us in an attempt to calm down the fire that was blazing at my core. He pulled away from me as much as he could, his fingers grasping my chin this time as he forced me to focus.

"What happened to wanting to make me some breakfast?" He hummed, his eyes darkening as he watched me squirm.

It had only been a handful of minutes since I'd told him those words, my purpose to take care of him side-tracked as I took in the headiness in the air.