21| Mark of Reverence

Aurelia

He held me tight in his arms as he carried me further into the house, leaving the rug we had ruined behind us as he began to ascend the stairs with impassioned purpose.

He moved like the beast he was, easily taking two steps at a time as our bodies jostled against one another, my wolf simpering against the heat of his hurried movements as a soft sigh passed my lips when we paused on the upper floor landing.

Masses of natural light flooded into the spacious hallway, filtering through the line of massive windows that matched the ones I had seen downstairs. The light clung to the wooden structures of the house, showering its beauty against our skin and brightening the fierce features of my mate as I looked up at him with heavy-lidded admiration, watching as he swallowed down the indulgent groans of our exploit and tightened his hold on my body with each heaving breath.

I could feel every inch of him as he held me, his cock hardening again as it poked at my ass with each step he took, and I knew with definite conviction that he was struggling with his need to plunge himself inside of me again.

The muscles in my stomach clenched with the memory of the way he had stretched me out, a whispering of whimpers clinging to the lining of my throat as my hips writhed impatiently in his grasp, searching for his breaking point as I tried to rock myself against him all over again.

"Adriel," I called out to him, his name blowing past my lips in a needy breath.

I wouldn't have minded if he chose to fuck me against every wall, and floor and structure of this house—but I knew he wanted more for me, something so slow and intimate that made me plead with him to fill me to the brim.

He was a foreboding Alpha in most cases, but that didn't mean that he didn't know how to be soft with me—even if it was at the expense of my sanity.

A feverish moan pushed past his fangs as his gaze fell on mine, his fingers sliding under my slickened thighs as his other hand curled around my back and kneaded at my breasts. My lips parted under his desperate touch, urging him to move so that he could commit to the words he had whispered over my skin only a moment ago.

I'm not done with you yet.

It was a promise. A vow. A certainty.

My eyes drooped closed under my better judgement, my body trying to replenish the energy he had taken from me in the wickedest of ways, and as I pushed my face against the warmth of his chest, that was when he finally began to move again.

I blinked slowly, trying to keep myself awake as he strode towards a closed door at the end of the hallway. Instead of opening it from its handle like a normal person, he lifted his leg up and kicked it from its hinges. My heart rattled against my ribs as I watched the door slam to the ground, the wood splintering around the frame from the wild movement, but he didn't care about the destruction he caused. Instead, he refused to take his hands off me even if it was for a second.

My arms flung around his shoulders as he walked over it, heading straight towards the four-poster bed that conquered most of the space in the room. He didn't waste a second now as he unlatched his arms from around my body, spreading me out on the silken covers, his vigorous body shadowing over mine as he kept my hands pinned over my head.

"Do you have any idea how many times I wanted to stop the car on our journey over here?" He asked, his eyes devouring the sight of me in his bed. "How many times I had to stop myself from taking you in the backseat, or from dragging you out of the car and splaying you over the front of it. You would have loved that, wouldn't you?" I nodded my head, my lips parted with astonishment, my cheeks flaring with the confession. My shyness meant nothing now that I had him to fill me up wherever I stood—or sat, or lay down.