20| Mark of Fulfilment

Aurelia

There was nothing soft about the way he kissed me, his mouth melded with mine as he unleashed his every desire, claiming me all over again in a way I had never thought possible. His lips crashed down on mine like I was a crumbling building, kissing me with the hunger he had kept hidden from me until now, making up for all the years, and months, and weeks, and days we had spent praying to the moon instead of being in each other's arms.

He devoured me like I was his only source of oxygen, sharing my every breath as my hands moved against his body until they twined over his shoulders. I held onto him as fiercely as I could, gasping into his mouth as his hand tightened in my hair, his roughened touch igniting a fire in my body as his tongue pressed against the seam of my lips.

He licked teasingly at them, searching for an opening and when I gave it to him, his tongue delved into my mouth, deepening the desires between us with no recourse.

His chest rumbled with appreciation as I met him without a fight, his dominance enveloping my every whim as I became his perfect counterpart, meeting his every touch with ease and submission.

The way of his lips indulged my every lustful impulse, electrifying the strength of our mate bond with every passionate touch. The kiss getting hotter and heavier as the seconds turned into minutes and my neediness turned into an aching cavern that pulsed from the middle of my chest and ended at the apex of my thighs.

My hands grasped at his clothes as I pulled him closer to me, tearing through the obstructive fabric with the need to feel his skin against mine, but as the sound of my desperation tore through the air, his lips stopped their torment.

He groaned a deep sound as he began to pull away from me, each breath a tender-hearted growl as my whines brushed against his wet lips, trying to lure them back to mine. I wanted him to claim my mouth again—over and over until I was sick of it, but the glazed look in his eyes proved that he wanted something more.

My heart dropped in my chest as he untangled himself from my grip, looking down at the damage I had done to his shirt, my hands still clutched at the torn material like I was afraid that if I stopped touching him, everything would disappear.

He hummed thoughtfully as his fingers brushed over my white knuckles, admiring the view of me kneeling for him, memorising each finicky breath as I begged him to come back to me.

"Do you want me to take this off for you, little moon?" I nodded quickly at the sound of his words, his eyes gleaming with something more than his desire for me as he took account of the eagerness painted on my face. "You'll have to loosen your grip a little, or would you prefer to tear through the rest of it?" He taunted me, always finding a way to tease how keenly I wanted him.

A simpering sound blew past my lips as my grip loosened slowly, my hands shaking as they unclasped themselves, and my heart jumping in my chest as he moved instantaneously under my little command. His own hands moved to the hem of the fabric, his fingers curling around it before he pulled it upwards with one quick tug, dragging it off his body before he threw it to the sofa at our side.

I growled in retaliation at the beautiful sight of him, my palm moving to press against the hardened muscles of his stomach, my fingers running over the lines as the ache between my thighs became more noticeable, the scent of my arousal smothering his own. My hand slid down the smooth planes of his stomach and I swallowed harshly as it settled against the front of his pants.

Maybe he would let me taste him again, maybe he would—

He lifted my chin with his fingers like he had done before, his jaw clenching under the light pressure of my hand over his obvious erection.