11| Mark of Desperation

Aurelia

His breathing had gotten heavier as his softness built around me like a cocoon, his gaze lingering on the handiwork of his bite as I felt the indented decoration of his fangs beginning to heal across my neck. The medicinal attributes of his saliva felt hot against my skin just like the intentions written along the structure of his face. A vein pulsed on his forehead, the muscle in his jaw ticking like a bomb with a short fuse as he swallowed down whatever feelings he was trying to prove he was in control of.

I pursed my lips as I watched his eyes reflect the flames that were flickering beside us and the fire that was burning through me, but I didn't want to slow down like he was telling me to. I wanted everything he could offer me, and I wanted it all at once. The desperation of my wolf was aching for the roughened feel of his hands, waiting for him to push me down and take me in any position he desired.

It was everything I had ever wanted, but my wild energy was flailing under his need to tame me.

Our bond was solidifying with every act of worship he bestowed on me, and even with each shuddering breath he thought he was hiding under his cool façade, I knew that he was struggling with the will of his wolf too. Despite how much he wanted to savour these first moments between us, there was only so much time before he'd reach the point of no return—until he pounded inside of me with no remorse and filled me to the brim with a new life and a new reason for love.

A whine released from my throat as his thumb brushed over my cheekbones and I pushed my hips against his again in retaliation, craving the friction between our skin more than anything. If only there wasn't so much fabric between us—if only we weren't sitting on this stone seat with me on top of him. This would be easier if he moved me, if he took his claws and tore through the lace of my dress and acted on the impulse of his wolf.

Instead, he chuckled darkly at my teasing movements. "Have you always been this needy for me, little moon?" He rasped, his hands moving from my face to the tops of my thighs to stop me from rocking against him, but it was no use.

If I continued to show him how much I needed him, would he forgo the patience he was clutching onto and give me exactly what I had been deprived of for so long?

His eyes were slowly losing their greyish hue as he took in my widened gaze, his hands tightening their grip on me as I continued to defy his instruction. I let out a breathy moan as I felt the heat of his fingers through the flimsy material of my dress, but it wasn't enough.

Why couldn't he see that I had waited too long for this, and that I didn't want to wait any longer for him to have me?

"Yes," I gasped, "I've never wanted anything as badly as I want you," I admitted as I tried to push myself against him once again, even despite the way his hands had locked around my thighs.

He hummed in delight at the sound of my revealing words, closing his eyes so that he could bask in them. My heart was beating in a frenzy as I watched him. With him this close to me I could see every perfect line of his face, and I wanted to run my tongue over the honed curve of his cheekbones and then along the sharpened edge of his jaw until I reached the tendons of his neck, but my words seemed to mean more to him than his need for my touch.

"I prayed for you every night," I assured him in a softened voice, my hands moving from his shoulders and dragging down his chest. "I begged the highest power and pleaded with the moon, and now that you are here under the palms of my hands, it looks like they've finally answered me."

I swallowed down the sorrow of the years of my loneliness, my hands moving along the structure of his tightened muscles before they reached the beginning of his trousers that were draped around the low ridge of his abdomen.