10- Do better

"hi-hey chaewon" 

chaewon was walking alongside sana when a boy appeared in front of her. the boy was a head taller than the girl, as every boy was. she remembered him from her chemistry class that she has with him. the boy was averting his eyes from the group of boys in the back of the girls giving the boy knowing looks. 

chaewon was confused, she turned her head to face sana in confusion who just looked at the girl. chaewon then just stared at the boy wondering what he was about to say.

"hi, " chaewon said giving the boy a faintly smile. 

"hi-can I tell you something-i mean speak to you?" jihun said glancing at chaewon, hinting that he wanted to speak to her. 

sana had gotten the sign, her eyes bounced back to chaewon and jihun before walking to the other side of the locker. 

"I'll be waiting for you over there" sana said pointing to an area and giving her a weak smile. 

chaewon put her attention back on the boy who wanted to talk to her with the ruffle fluffy hair.

"hey" He repeated, his eyes looking at the girl, "It's finally nice to talk to you, especially with everything going on."

chaewon smiled once again, "you too."

"hi I'm jihun, you might know me from your chemistry class and soccer, " his smile was warm-hearted and kind. 

"yeah, you're really good at chemistry, " chaewon's smile got wider showing her perfectly straight teeth. 

jihun's eyes lit up, and grinned, "I think you're a really cool person. i've been having the guts to speak to you."

"really?!" chaewon said, "me?!"

jihun chuckled rubbing the back of his neck, "yes, I wanted to ask if maybe you wanted to exchange num-" all of a sudden chaewon felt an annoying vibration from her pockets. jihun gave her an apologetic smile, doing some hand gesture signaling her 'to take her time'.

"Hello?" chaewon said. 

"strawberry

chaewon paused recognizing the voice before her expression faded.

 "hey sonic." she said sarcastically.

"where are you?"

"in the hallway"

"who are you with?"

"sana- look I'm kinda busy right now, can you-"

"liar, " Jaemin accused, "You're a bad liar, I see you talking to Jihun giving him your number or whatever that is."

"what?" Chaewon frowned, "I'm not even doing anything bad," chaewon said giving an appalled expression. jihun stood there confused about what was happening. his eyes averted to his friends from time to time.

"are you spying on me? why are you worrying about me when you-" jaemin ended the call with a loud beeep. chaewon blinked a few times then sighed a little before putting her phone back in her pocket. 

"i'm sorry for what just happened, can you repeat what you were saying." before Jihun could have a chance to say what he was going to his eyes drifted to a figure standing next to chaewon.

"well isn't it nice to see you strawberry" jaemin said giving chaewon a sarcastic smile. "and what are you doing here with Jihun?" he said glancing at chaewon and jihun. 

"jaemin what-" 

"I see you exchanging numbers behind my back." jaemin said sarcastically yet again cutting off chaewon before she can speak.

chaewon raised her eyebrows and looked at jaemin like he was in the wrong. how could this boy interrupt her when she was talking to jihun?

the boy looked at jihun giving him a noticeably fake smile, "I'm so sorry to inform you that my girlfriend does not want your number."

chaewon was flushed with embarrassment. 

"o-oh you and jaemin are dating?" jihun asked pointing at the 'couple'. 

"yes and I'm sorry to say that chaewon is off-limits," jaemin said grabbing onto the girl's waist and pulling her closer to him. 

"oh, my bad" the boy with the ruffled hair bowed at the two before walking away back to his friends.

chaewon removed jaemin's arm from her waist, "jaemin what the hell! he seems like a nice person."

"he's too nice for you," jaemin scoffed, "besides he's friends with daeun's new boyfriend." he said before grabbing her wrist to walk in the hallways. 

the girl squinted her eyes, "okay, and your acting like that's a bad thing."

"you're giving a boy your number when we are dating. don't you see how- I don't know- how weird that is?" jaemin scoffed yet again, "just stay away from him, "jaemin said this time his grip on the girl's arm tightened and chaewon was almost stumbling while they walked.

"jaemin-" chaewon said with patience, "you can't just assume anything before you have met them."

jaemin's hands on the girl's wrist were tight, as he demanded her to walk faster making chaewon almost trip a few times here and there, bumping into other people.

"well, I can assume that jihun is not good for you," the boy said walking through the crowd.

"c'mon, Jihun is not a bad guy, and just because he's friends with your ex's boyfriend doesn't mean he's bad." the girl said trying to loosen Jaemin's hands that were hurting her wrists.

"you don't know what's good or what's bad for you do you?" jaemin had said dangerously low, sounding mad. 

"you just keep assuming the worst from everybody," chaewon said truthfully. 

"chaewon," jaemin's voice was low, "stop trying to think you are better okay? sometimes all you need to do is shut up. It's hard to put up with you. you really need to do better. you really think your all that don't you? I swear you remind me of daeun." jaemin had said with a scoff. 

chaewon was taken aback, sometimes all you need to do is shut up. you're just like saeun? chaewon took jaemin's hands off her wrist making jaemin come to a halt. "chaewon why did you do-" jaemin started but never got to finish before chaewon interrupted him. 

"fine," chaewon said glaring at the boy.

"sometimes all I need to do is shut up? I'm just like daeun? no jaemin sometimes all you need to do is watch what you say. I swear you think your all that because of your status in school don't you?" 

chaewon let out her anger that Jaemin had boiled, "fine, maybe I should shut up, maybe that would make you happy. maybe I should start to act like daeun more since all you do is use me as some sort of pawn." chaewon said giving Jaemin an icily smile, "and maybe you should start judging people from what's on their insides, instead of their looks." chaewon gave jaemin an icily wave.

chaewon wheeled around walking right past jaemin.

▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂ ▂

mic drop...