22.

"This town is now a battle field

"This town is now a battle field." You agreed on that one, you stare outside the window, seeing as some Yard Guards were scouting the area near the house that you guys are in and some citizens were roaming around, sending the Yard with nasty glares and vice versa.

You stand next to William who was sitting on a chair, some papers on his grasp. Flipping through them and scanning the contents, leaning on the wall, you stare at the sky, it looks bloody red.

"What are you reading?" Staring once again back at William, he lift his head and stared at the men in front of him, who's also looking at some papers except for Bonde and Fred, who just stand still.

"Investigative reports from our man inside the Yard." William answered, you peeking through the paper and reading some sentences.

"An inside man?"

William answer Bonde, while you just watch the chaos on the ground. You sigh, watching as a citizen threw a pebble at a guard and quickly hiding after throwing a bottle at the guard's head.

"By you mean, to be prepared for the change of plans, are you pertaining to this?" William's gaze was now on you, looking up at you from his sitting position. "Sort of." He answered truthfully, putting down the papers on his lap.

"You'll not be joining the chaos." Eyes widening at his statement, you're about to retort back that you can keep up with their abilities in terms of a situation like this but William already beat you to it.

"That phoney Melantha." And bang, William hit you where it irks, he's aware that you're getting impatient as days pass by and that imposter is still going on and off about killing some nobles even after that threat that was directed to her. "Tomorrow, you'll be meeting her. Officially."

The other watch the interaction between the two of you, they watch as you cross your arms on your chest as William just stare at you.

"And that. We're going to show these phoney Jack the Rippers who the real devils around this town are." William glance at you before adding,

"While the Great Lady Melantha, handle her own copycat and show her who's the real seductress is."

. . .

"Oh wow!" Exclaiming loudly on purpose, gaining the attention of the woman who was busy on sketching around a map of Britain, and planning for the next execution. She flinch upon hearing an unfamiliar voice and shivers running down her spine and goosebumps all over her body at the cheerful yet laced with venom tone of voice.