16.

It was already around 7 in the evening, your head hurts from the information and you feel your body stiffen for sitting for a long time

It was already around 7 in the evening, your head hurts from the information and you feel your body stiffen for sitting for a long time. You grab the handle of the teacup and bring the brim to your lips, it was lukewarm but you still enjoyed the sweetness of the tea.

"That's the plan," William lean on the couch, eyes drooping as he stares at you. "Is it to your liking, [name]?" You don't have the energy to roll your eyes at him,  you're already drained from the information that's been swerving on your mind.

You participate in the making of the plan, William would sometimes ask for your thought and you would occasionally butt in when something was not in your likings.

"Don't call me by my first name so casually, Moriarty." You just said, a sigh of exhaustion leaving your lips.

You look up, staring at the grandfather clock, seeing that it was already 7. You look outside the window and saw that it was already dark and the street lights are light up.

"Time sure fly pass." You blurted, everyone was already standing up from their seat and was ready to have dinner. Someone stop in front of you, reaching hand in front of you, and you weren't surprised to see who it was.

"Get away from me, William." His name casually slipping your lips, you didn't even notice that you used his first name instead of his last name. "Just take my hand, [name]." You're already tired to correct him, but it's just fair since you called him by his given name a few times already in one day.

Having no choice— do you actually have no choice?—but to accept his hand that is in front of your eyes. You already took off your gloves, and it was actually a surprise to feel how warm William's hand actually is.

Even though, you didn't touch his hand with all of your fingers and your palm making contact in his own, you can feel the warmth it's radiating.

As soon as you already stand up on your feet, you let go of his hand, but it seems like he was gripping your hand, not too tight that it hurts you. You raise a brow at his action and he just smile before letting go of your hand gently.

"Lady [name], would you like to have dinner with us?" Emerald eyes staring at your figure, he was smiling and it was rather enchanting. Albert was at the door frame, waiting for the two of you as the others are already at the dining room.

You smile at his offer but shook your head.

"Maybe next time Lord Albert. Thank you for the offer though. I have some things to finish up after dinner anyways." You excuse, and they took a hint of the way you emphasizes your words. Albert just nodded at you and bid you farewell while William escorted you to the door.