0.

"Well, it's not your lucky day, then

"Well, it's not your lucky day, then." staring at the lifeless body of a noble infront of you, his eyes were wide open, mouth agape and there's blood oozing from his wound on his temple.

And in his hand, he was holding a revolver with only one bullet and now, there's none since it was embedded in his skull right at this moment.

You hear rush footsteps of the yard stomping on the carpeted covered wooden floor of the mansion of the noble you just killed, well technically, he pulled the trigger so he killed himself.

Before anyone can enter the bedroom, you didn't grab the revolver in the hands of the noble and drop a black rose on his side and a picture that contains the male and it captured him in action of his dirty deeds.

Human hunting.

A smile formed on your lips as you step on his back, feeling satisfied of what happened.

"Adieu, monsieur." you mulmble and walk towards the window of his room and opening it, the wind blow past you harshly making your hair be entangled behind your back as it flows.

With one last glance, you jump off thw window at the same time of when the door opened.

One of the yard run off towards the window and peak to look at where the criminal is but to only see no one. His colleague call out to him and there they see, the black rose and a picture that the female criminal left.

How could they tell that it was a woman?

It was because of the lip stain that can be seen on every male noble's cheeks, lips or neck. And the words from the witnesses saying the last time they saw the noble was with a fine young woman, though, they never had a lead.

Because, no one can see the woman's face except for her victims.

And that's how Melantha was born, coming from the word dark flowers because of the black roses she leaves behind that symbolizes death.

'Melantha, huh?' a noticeable smirk was plastered on the man's face as he stared at the newspaper in his hands, in which there's a headline featuring the woman who killed dozens of man that commit crimes, just like how he kills nobles that has done evil deeds.

"An ally.. or a foe?" he chuckled and put the newspaper on the coffee table, his eyes hinting with mischief. The candle light illuminating his features, from his neat blonde hair to his enchanting ruby red eyes. The man himself screams danger.

Leaning his face on the back of his right hand—his elbow resting on his desk, eyes staring at the content of the newspaper, the newspaper was publish a week ago and the headline was about the russian roulette female or Melantha as they name her.

"The victim is found in their own home, a bullet wound on his forehead and a kiss mark on his neck." it stated, showing an illustration of the noble man to let the readers invision the scene. "And a black rose was found along with a photo of the noble's seemingly secret crimes beside the victim's body."

At this point, he was amused at the lady's bold action, seducing a noble man and then letting himself to kill himself, a bold act to do for a lady—people say. He was amuse at her actions, at first making it look like a suicide because of her little game but then was found as homicide.

He's interested in her.

Your eyes stared at the open window of the noble's room, seeing the police roaming in his room, trying to find some clues about who is behind the multiple death of nobles and the one who is exposing their misdeeds to the country.

A smirk was plastered on your face as you watch them roaming the alleys trying to look for you.

Dusting off your dress, you walk out of the dark alley that you entered and casually walk away from the street where the noble's mansion can be found. But before you could even take a step away from the alley, a hand stop you from your tracks.

"Excuse me, miss, what are you doing here late at night?" a scotland yard stop you, asking you a question.

Startled for a moment when the guard suddenly walk in face to face with you, you didn't even notice his presence when he walk in front of you and you made sure that there was no one in the alley before jumping down.

You stare at the guard, he was wearing the standard uniform of the yard, his built looks pretty average for a guard to be but that's how almost of the guard looks like, your eyes travel behind his back to see if there are other guards but you found none.

Brushing it off as you just thought that he was the one who is task to patrol the area you just landed in. Putting a hand on your cheek, and you begun your act.

"Oh, I was looking for Ryuu, my dog he ran off when I was taking him for a night stroll." faking a sad look on your face that seems to work on the guard as he stare at you worriedly, I mean, he was immediately captivated by your beauty at first glance.

"I-I see.." his face flush as you give him an innocent smile, fixing his hat and bowing to you slightly. "I hope you'll find your dog, Miss..?" smiling at his question of your name, you raise the sides of your skirt and putting your left foot behind your right foot and bowing to him.

"[name]. [name] Verlice."

▉ ▊ ▋ █ ▌ ▐ ▍ ▎ ▏▕▉ ▊ ▋
@-alsephina

to be continued...