12.

"It's nice to see you again, Lord William

"It's nice to see you again, Lord William." The Carnation greeted him, he give her a smile, eyes forming crescent as he do so. Taking his foot behind his other foot, he slightly bend and greeted the woman.

"It's nice to see you too, Countess Verlice." Marianne slightly giggle at his formalities, she fully open the door and gesturing him to come in. "If you're looking for Alexander, he's at his study room.." she seems quite hesitant at her next sentence.

William follower her eyes, she was staring at the wooden door on the left side of the second floor.

"[Name]'s study room is right next to his." She unconsciously lowly said.

The man's eyes glisten, he can't help but to smirk as he watch the mother of the flower go back to her cheery side.

Marianne pointed where the door of his husband's study is located. The Countess smile once more before leaving William on his own to go back to what she was doing earlier before she opened the door.

"The mother seems.. nice."

. . .

Walking to Alexander's study room was a slow trip, as William observe the second floor's hallway. There was a lot of paintings of the family, and a single shot of their children.

He abruptly stop, staring at a particular photo.

It was [name] with an older female who seem to be in her late 20's there, and the younger flower was at her youth.

He was snap at his thoughts when the door next to him creeped open, he raised a brow and avert his eyes to the door. His gaze was met with widen eyes.

"Good afternoon Lady [name]." He greet, you grit your teeth as you glare at his smirk. And he's just to be taller than you, making you look inferior especially the way you look as of the moment.

"What are you doing here Moriarty." You're not asking him, but rather it was an expression. You don't want to see him, be near him, or even smell him. It just shows how much you hate his whole existence.

William turn to face you, the smirk still visible on his face. He tilt his head to the side, and his eyes was hooded as he stare at you.

"Tsk." You click your tongue, you opened the door of your study room fully, letting the man in front of you see the mess you've made inside. "Watch you back, Lord of Crime. You might see a knife stabbed behind you once you turn around." Your glare was like a dagger piercing in his sould, but instead of being threatened.. William let out a chuckle.