1.

"A ball?" raising a brow at Oliverーyour personal butler

"A ball?" raising a brow at Oliverーyour personal butler. He was standing next to you with a letter of invitation in his gloved hands. Sitting across you was your delighted mother, hearing that her daughter is invited to a ball, she'll be surely taking this a chance to find you a possible husband.

Glaring towards your butler who immediately look away, missing your glare but he can feel holes being burned up in his head.

'Oliver, you rat! You read the letter at the wrong time!' as if telepathically telling him, he can hear your angry voice in his head as you continue to glare.

With a clear of the throat from your mother, Oliver sigh in relief as your attention was then put on towards your mother, she was very delighted, you can see it in her face—the way her face wrinkled up in a bright smile and how her eyes lit up at the idea of her lovely daughter attending the ball with male nobles probably around her age.

"[name]." as you hear your name rolling out of her tongue, you decided to cut her off before she could even tell you what's going on in her mind. "What's the occasion as to why Count Rockwell is throwing a ball?" you ask Oliver, he look over at the letter's contentーhe didn't finish to read the letter in the first place as he can already hear you shouting.

"It's for her daughter's debut."

Debut? Count Rockwell had a daughter? You didn't knew, and you didn't care if he has a whole family of 10 in his estate.

"A debut you say? I can just give a gift, and write a letter that I'm busy in Saturday." you suggested, drinking your tea, awaiting for your mother's response. "It's rude to decline an invitation, [name]." Marianne Verliceーyour beautiful mother in her early fifties, born in a strict household where she learns how to be ladylike and other etiquettes that's needed to put in mind, though, she was never strict to you nor your siblings.

Knowing all too well that you can't argue with your mother with that, you let out a sigh, lifting up your cup of tea and the sweet taste of your tea washing away your problems instantly, but you can't run away with those problems.

"And, you should take it a chance to find a suitable husband for you." you almost choke on your tea after hearing what she had said. Oliver give you a handkerchief which you took, glad for his action. Clearing your throat as you aipe the stain on the sideof your lips.

It's ungraceful to act like that. Almost instantly, you can hear your grandmother's voice in your head.

"But mother, I don't need any man." you rebutted her, putting down the cup. She raise a brow at your statement and put down her cup as well.