The man grabs Grisha by his collar as he knees him in the stomach.

"Grisha!" Fay says as she covers her eyes.

"Here's another!" the man says as he delivers another blow.

"Man, go easy on his Kruger" the other man says as he approaches Fay, "come on. Let's get you on your way home" he says as he ushers Fay away.

The man finally finishes Grisha's punishment as he leaves Grisha on the ground.

"It was smart of you not to take off your armbands" Kruger says as he sits down on the grass, "Eldians without one are sent to their paradise, even if they are kids".

"I'll go home" Grisha says as he sits up.

"Wait. Didn't you come to see the airship?" Kruger asks as he lights up a cigarette, "might as well see it".

The following day, my little sister was found by the river.

"I showed the girl to the Liberio gates and went on my way" the man who escorted Fay out of the way of the punishment says as he sits down across from Grisha and Fay's parents, "I'm busy with work, you know. Eldian kids shouldn't be roaming around the city without permits in the first place. It seems that your son doesn't grasp the place of his people. Shouldn't you be teaching him the sins of your ancestors or something? If that's not enough to make him behave, put a collar on him".

I knew that man from Marley Public Security was lying through his teeth. He had happened to be slacking off and napped on the bank. He wasn't slacking off at all. Though my Mother grieved, my Father...

"Thank you so much for your guidance" Grisha's Father says as he looks at the man, "I assure you, I'll teach my foolish son to know better".

He demeaned himself to the man. I began to hate that man and my Father so much that it made me dizzy. But more so, I cursed my own foolishness.

--- that night ---

"One thousand, eight hundred and twenty years ago, our ancestor Ymir Fritz made a contract with the Devil of All Earth and obtained the Power of the Titans" Grisha's Father explains to him, "upon her death, Ymir's spirit was split into the nine titans who formed the Eldian empire. After defeating the great nation of Marley, they ruled over the continent. Thus began the Dark Ages. The Subjects of Ymir called other races inferior and began to oppress them. They stole lands and fortunes, and forced other races to bear their children to increase their numbers. Their ethnic cleansing continued for some 1700 more years. But once the great nation of Marley plotted to subvert Eldia and its arrogance from within. They brought seven of the nine titans under their control and were victorious in the great titan war eighty years ago. The Eldian King at the time erected three walls on the island of Paradis and fled there with many of his people. Our ancestors were abandoned and left behind on this continent, but the gracious people of Marley let us live and stay on their land".

My Father was talkative for someone who had just lost their daughter. He obeyed his Master's command and gladly shamed his own ancestry, much like he was their dog.

"That man was telling lies" Grisha says as he looks down, "the truth wasn't good for him, so he lied".

"Quiet. The walls here are thin" Grisha's Father says quietly.

"I bet he's the one who took Fay and-" Grisha says.

"Silence!" his Father yells as he stands up from the table, "I told you. Our ancestors did terrible things. They believed in eugenics and tried to cleanse-".

"Fay and I did nothing like that!" Grisha yells as he hits his fists on the table, "we were just walking around!".

"What is wrong with you?" his Father asks worriedly, "are you that eager for all of us to get shipped off to paradise? Listen, Grisha. It doesn't matter that we're not directly responsible for the sins. But what we are able to do is live humble lives within this internment zone. I'm begging you. Please don't lead us all to the same fate as Fay".