1- Smoke Signal

--- some time in the future ---

Beyond the walls, there's a sea. Or so Armin said. But past the sea, I always wondered what's beyond that.

Eren says.

--- present day ---

"You just try to eat some food, Sasha" Jean says as he, Armin and Sasha all make it to the small cottage in Wall Rose, "I'll get Captain Evelyn to chop you up into small nice bite sized pieces".

"I won't, probably" Sasha says as Armin opens the door and the three of them walk inside.

"Say what?" Jean asks as he puts his sacks of potatoes down.

"Hey! Did you wipe the dust and dirt off your shoes before you came in?" Eren asks angrily as he looks directly at Jean.

"Say what?" Jean asks as he looks at Eren, "no, we didn't. Can't you see all of the stuff we're carrying?".

"Do you seriously think that attitude will satisfy Captain Levi?" Eren asks as he walks over to Jean, "if I hadn't personally given your sheets hospital corners this morning-".

"Quit your nagging! Who are you, my Mother?" Jean shouts.

"We're back" Mikasa announces as she and Historia walk into the cottage.

"Wait, were you just chopping firewood?" Armin asks as he comes up from behind Eren.

"I've got to stay in shape" Mikasa says as she looks at him.

"You got grabbed by a titan not even two days ago. You should stay in bed" Armin says worriedly.

"I try to stop her, but she won't listen" Eren says, defeated by Mikasa's persistence, "I saw her doing sit ups earlier".

"How dare you, you peeping Tom!" Jean yells.

"Evelyn gave Historia, Sasha and I her workout routine the other day. We're all trying to get as strong and agile as she is" Mikasa says as she walks away.

"How does that constitute peeping?" Eren asks as he looks at Jean.

"Mikasa, you do know you're not a wild animal right?" Armin asks as he goes after Mikasa.

"It's almost like we're back in the Cadet Corps" Sasha says as she fiddles with a crate on the table.

"Why do you think we were chosen for the new Evelyn and Levi squad, though?" Armin asks as he looks away, "because Evelyn's known us since we were kids? Protecting Eren, Evelyn and Historia is such an important mission. Well, Levi's keeping a closer eye on Evelyn now that he's courting her" he says as Sasha tries to sneak something into her pocket.

"Because we're talented or something like that, I guess" Sasha says as she tries to act like she did nothing.

"Sasha, what did you just put in your bag?" Armin asks as his expression darkens.

"Nothing bread related" Sasha says as she glances back at Armin.

"Why, you!" Jean says as he walks over to her.

"Give it back" Conny says as he puts his hand on his hip.

"Hey, focus! We've got to finish the cleaning before Captain Levi gets back" Eren says desperately as he looks at them all.

"Look, see, I'll put the bread back" Sasha says as she puts the bread back in the crate.

"What's all this commotion?" Evelyn asks as she and Levi walk into the room.

"How many times have you done this now?" Jean asks as he looks at Sasha.

"Our food reserves are precious" Armin says as he takes the crate away from Sasha.