10- Friends

--- the year of 829 ---

Kenny waves his knife in the face of the titan that grabs him and holds him in place as a man appears from the titan's nape.

Never imagined there was someone stronger than me in this world. So this is a titan. To think they really existed. What's more, within the walls.

"Uri, hold him right there!" another man says as he points his gun directly at Kenny.

"Wait, Rod. Don't shoot" Uri says as he doesn't spare Rod a glance, "whoever it was that told him about us is likely part of the council. We must discover who is responsible".

"In that case, use your titan power to make him talk!" Rod says impatiently.

"That's something I cannot do" Uri says as he looks at Kenny, "if I had to guess, this man is a descendant of the Ackermann family. In which case, his reasons for raising a blade are within the man himself".

Kenny flips the dagger in his hand and throws it at Uri as Uri puts his arm up, the dagger lodging itself in Uri's arm.

"If you won't do it, I'll kill him!" Rod says angrily.

"Ah, shit! Forgive me, will you?" Kenny asks desperately as he fights against the grip the titan has on him, "you're the true King, aren't you? Get your hands off of me, I've got to escape! Let me go and give me another chance! I'll do it right next time and attack while you sleep! You've got to admit, stuffing your head full of shit sounds like such a nice idea! I was going to pack you so full of shit, it'd blow you a new hole in your ass! It's not my fault I can't control my creativity!".

Up against such overwhelming power, I was powerless. After all, he literally could have crushed me to death. Violence was all that I had, yet even that failed me. Now that I think about it, my family's grudge never even meant much to me.

Uri lets go of Kenny and places him on the ground as he loses any strength in his legs.

"Hey Uri!" Rod says as he watches Uri pull himself from his titan, "what was that for? He's an Ackermann! You can't erase his memory! We've got to kill him!".

"Considering how the Ackermann's have been persecuted in our name, your hatred is justified" Uri says as he walks to Kenny and kneels down in front him, "however, I'm afraid I cannot die right now" he explains as he bows to Kenny, "please forgive me. Even within such tiny walls, to be unable to build paradise, I'm a fool".

For a King that held so much power to bow down to a piece of trash like me... his titan alone shocked me plenty, but him doing that rattled something inside me like nothing ever had before. I said right there that I wanted to help him and Uri nodded. At the very next council, missing was the one who tipped me off to the Reiss, and in his place was the Reiss' new dog, legs stretched upon the table. That was my new line of work. It was a bit pathetic for me, but it ended the Ackermann's persecution. Though walking around in the broad daylight was... something I wouldn't risk. But I had fewer enemies.

Kenny makes it to a bar as he talks to one of the men in the bar for a moment.

"Kuchel ah, if you mean Olympia, she's been sick for so long, she hasn't sold in ages" the man says as he looks at Kenny.

Kenny leaves the bar and walks to Kuchel's home. He opens the door, only to find the woman dead in her bed.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey" Kenny says as he looks at her, "damn, you've lost a tonne of weight since the last time I saw you, Kuchel".

"She's dead" a small voice says from next to Kenny.

Kenny looks to his left and sees a starved boy around the age of four tucked up in the corner, knees to his chest.