2- Pain

Levi throws his blade at Kenny but Kenny dodges it. Kenny points his gun at Levi but Evelyn throws her cape out, pulling Levi into her as he shoots her cape and part of the chimney. Levi and Evelyn look at each other and nod as they run down the side of the roof as Kenny continues to shoot at the two of them. They both jump down into the alleyway between the two houses as they use their ODM gear to get away from Kenny.

"Gunshots?" the driver of the carriage asks as he sees two people using ODM gear.

"What's going on?" Eren asks as he pulls back the sheet covering the carriage slightly.

"Stay in there!" the driver orders as he speeds up.

One of the people using ODM gear flies above them as they attach their wires to the sheet, pulling it off the carriage, revealing Eren and Historia. Eren watches the person as another person flies by and shoots Historia in the neck with a tranquiliser.

"Historia!" Eren yells as he looks at her as she falls to ground, only to be shot in the neck by one as well as he slowly loses consciousness.

"Eren!" the driver yells as he's shot in the temple, falling to the ground as one of the people using the ODM gear takes over the driving of the carriage.

The driver hears ODM gear being used from behind her as she turns around and sees Levi and Evelyn hot on her tail. The carriage goes around a corner as Levi and Evelyn follow it, only for three of Kenny's guys to swing around the corner at them.

"Shit. They predicted every single one of our movements" Levi says as he and Evelyn ducks down and stay close to the ground as they dodge the rounds being fired at them.

Evelyn looks up as she sees Kenny above them. Evelyn grabs Levi and pulls him down an alley as Kenny goes after them.

"Kenny. What the hell is he doing with the Military Police?" Levi asks angrily.

The three men who are with Kenny continue to fire from above as Levi and Evelyn dodge the shots, using the building sides to their advantage as they jump from each wall to the other. They slide down a piece of wood as Evelyn is shot in the arm, her blood spilling on Levi's face. They dive under some market tents as they make it to the main street where they see a pub. Levi flies in as he kicks the door down, he and Evelyn ducking down behind the bar.

"Was that Captain Evelyn and Captain Levi of the Scouts?" one of the guests asks as Levi rips the lower part of his shirt.

"Welcome to our establishment!" the bartender says as he looks down at the two of them.

Shit. If this keeps up, I'll lose Evelyn, Eren, Historia and my entire squad.

Levi tells himself as he wraps the fabric around Evelyn's arm to suppress the bleeding.

"Ain't that the most god damn annoying thing!" Kenny says from outside the pub, "I smell two filthy rats inside this pub. Come out, you little rodents! Found you!" he says as he runs into the pub, "the law has come to exterminate the vermin! Bang! Bang! What the hell? Ain't you here?".

"Right here, Kenny. It's been a while" Levi says as he ties a knot in the fabric, "never thought you'd still be alive. What happened to slaughtering the Military Police? Are you one of them now?".

"Adults do plenty of things kids can't understand" Kenny retorts, "oops, my bad. You're just so tiny, it's hard to believe you're older now. Old enough to have a lover that is. I've been looking forward to seeing you in action. Never thought all those tricks I taught you would be helping you out like this. Didn't I ever tell you what happens to a cornered rat? No matter which way you try to run, you'll get blasted from above" he says as he picks up a chair and throws it at the back of the bar, "hey, Levi. There's got to be a reason you became a Scout, and I think I know why. We had no choice but to survive in that dump. It took all we had each day to keep living. And when we found out how big the world really is, you can bet it hurt like hell. But something saved us" he says as he picks up another chair, "we'd found something we wanted to do. It's that simple. It's simple, but the truth is the only thing that made our lives fulfilling was finding hobbies".