15- Descent

--- back when they plugged the hole in Trost District ---

"They're going to plug the hole with that? They're insane" Bertolt says as he and Reiner watch Eren walk with the boulder above his head, "Eren might end up getting eaten. And if that happens, we still won't know a thing".

"Yeah. If it comes to it, I'll have to do something with my titan somehow" Reiner says as he watches Evelyn sweep in, "but at least Evelyn's alive. I wonder if she has her memories still. She hurt me badly when she carved herself out of me. At least he wasn't lying when he said Evelyn was strong. But he failed to mention that she could copy titan powers".

"But, if their plan works, it'll plug the hole we finally opened" Bertolt says worriedly.

"It doesn't matter" Reiner says confidently, "we've been searching for a clue these past five years and we've finally found it".

"Hey, you guys?" Marco asks from behind them, "what were you just talking about? What did you mean by 'my titan', Reiner? What's this about 'the hole we opened', Bertolt?".

"Marco" Reiner says as he and Bertolt turn around, "that conversation just now was a joke".

"Have you lost it? This isn't like you!" Marco says worriedly, "focus on the mission! Look, the titans are coming! Let's go!".

Marco flies off as he looks back at Reiner and Bertolt who just watch him.

Eren transformed into a titan. Humans can become titans. So if the Colossal titan appeared and disappeared out of nowhere, it's probably a human, too. In other words, the enemy titans are hiding as humans somewhere. That means...

Marco says as Reiner catches up with him and tackles him onto a rooftop out of the way.

"Reiner!" Bertolt yells as he lands on the roof.

"Reiner, what are you doing?" Marco asks as he struggles from underneath Reiner, "Reiner. This is a joke, right?".

"No, Marco. The problem is you're too damn sharp" Reiner says as he looks down at Marco.

"Someone help-!" Marco yells as Reiner covers his mouth.

Annie flies over as she lands in front of the three of them, looking at the scene in front of her.

"Annie. Help me!" Marco begs as he manages to get Reiner's hand off her face.

"What's this all about?" Annie asks as she looks at them all.

"Reiner's acting crazy. Help me!" Marco begs as he looks at Annie.

"He heard our conversation" Reiner says as he looks at Annie, "we can't let him live".

"You're shitting me. You asshole" Annie says annoyed.

"A titan is coming this way!" Bertolt announces as the three of them look at the titan.

"Annie. Take off Marco's ODM gear!" Reiner says as Annie looks at him, "do it fast!".

"Why do I have to?" Annie asks, not wanting to hurt Marco.

"Back there, you risked your life for Conny, didn't you?" Reiner says angrily, "why did you put yourself in danger? Have you become attached to this evil race or something? If I'm wrong, prove it to me now! If you, and your Father waiting for you to come home, are any different from this filthy race, prove it to me now!".

"Reiner, it's almost on top of us!" Bertolt says as the titan comes closer.

"Annie!" Reiner yells as Annie grist her teeth and she takes Marco's gear from him.