11- Bystander

--- two months later ---

Two months after Historia's coronation, the squad go to the farm where she was raised to go and visit the land. They watch her as she runs around chasing after all of the other children who live on the land.

"Well this isn't quite the Queen I was expecting" Armin says awkwardly.

"And it's only been two months since she was crowned. Seems like she's better suited to run an orphanage" Jean says as he watches her.

"Do you know what people are calling her?" Armin asks with a soft smile, "the Cattle-Farming Goddess. In a good way, of course".

"So we've finally got a goddess amongst us" Jean says sarcastically, "at this rate, no one will remember the chump who plugged up Trost, right?".

"One of the reasons Historia decided to become Queen was to do all this" Eren says, not trying to entertain Jean's immaturity, "taking care of the orphans and needy from the underground to the edge of the walls. Since he was raised underground, Captain Levi supported her too. When people need help, she said she'd come to their rescue, no matter where or who. That's what Historia wants to do".

"You three are slacking again" Historia says as she comes over to them, "it's getting dark, you know?".

She's becoming more and more like my Mother.

Jean says to himself as he, Eren and Armin all get to work.

Some Goddess.

Armin says as he looks down.

"I hear your hardening experiments are going well" Historia says as she walks next to Eren.

"Yeah. But if we don't hurry, they'll be back" Eren says as he looks ahead.

"What would you do?" Historia asks as she looks down, "if you met Reiner and Bertolt and had to face them again?".

"I'd have no other choice but to kill them" Eren says calmly.

"I hope we find out soon about the world and why it is the way it is" Historia says as she looks forward, "all that we've done, I don't want to regret any of it. Even the kids from the underground have been smiling lately. This can't have been the wrong choice".

"Yeah. You've done great" Eren compliments.

"That's not..." Historia says as she looks down.

"Thought you're the one who said humanity should get wiped out" Eren says as he looks at her.

"That was only because I got carried away" Historia says as she looks at him.

The two of them stop in their tracks as Mikasa stands in front of them.

"What?" Eren asks as he looks at Mikasa.

"Give me that" Mikasa says as she takes the clothing Eren was carrying from him, "Eren's tired from the experiments".

"That's true. Sorry, Mikasa" Historia says as she looks at Mikasa.

"Would you stop treating me like some old feeble man?" Eren asks as Mikasa starts to walk away.

--- the next day ---

The titan experiments start as they try out their new anti-titan weaponry that Evelyn designed and Eren helped put together by using his new hardening ability. This weaponry is constructed of Eren's hardening, a log attached to a piece of rope, and a target, more commonly known as a titan's favourite food, a human.

"That's it. Jam your head in" the soldier on the ground says as he watches the titan in front of him as he stands in the middle of Eren's hardening as the titan leans his head in, "now!".