CHAPTER 25

The sight I wake up to the next morning makes me want to see it everyday .

Rahul was lying on the stomach with his one arm draped around me and he was snuggled close to me .

A smile comes on my face as I play with his hair .

I was feeling a lot better now and my headache seemed to be better .

But still doctor told me to take rest so I plan to skip office today .

My eyes land on the clock and I see the time it was 7 am . Office starts at 10 am and Rahul will have to leave my 9:15 if he wants to catch a bus .

An idea comes in my mind . He prepared lunch for me yesterday so I should prepare a nice breakfast for him .

I remember him once telling me that he really loves aloo paratha . So I decide I will make aloo paratha's from him .

Kissing his forhead I carefully remove his arm from my stomach and get up .

Yesterday he told me that he prepared a spare bathroom kit for me .

I head to the bathroom and do the morning routine .

____________________

I was done preparing breakfast for him .

With aloo paratha I made him chai and prepred boiled eggs .

Just when I start arranging the table   Rahul came out rubbing his eyes and yawning .

"Good morning",I say .

"Good morning",he says and gosh ...his morning voice made me feel tingles in my body .

"You made breakfast?",he asks coming towards me and places a kiss on my forhead .

"Yup",I say .

"Are you feeling okay now?",he asks .

"I feel better but will skip office today",I tell him and he agrees .

"Go and get ready till the time I serve both of us",I say . Nodding he goes back to his room .

But before him going back in his bedroom I notice the redness in his eyes and his eyes were puffy . Did he cried last night ? Why ?

15 minutes later he comes back and takes a seat infront of me at dinning table .

"You made my favourite",he says now his eyes looked better .

"Did you cry last night?",I ask .

The question seemed to take him aback .

"No why are you asking suddenly?",he asks .

"Just you know I think I saw the redness in your eyes and they were puffy",I say .

"You might have been mistaken ..anyways let's eat",he quickly changes the topic .

Was something bothering him ?

I am sure he cried last night .

I hope he tells me someday whatever is bothering him . I will wait for it .

Shrugging of the thoughts I focus on the breakfast .

"Wow ! You made it just like how my Ma makes",he says .

"You like it?",I ask .

"Nah darling I love it",he says and takes another bite .

Smiling I too start eating .

"Btw what's with the boiled eggs?",he asks .

"It's healthy to eat . You don't eat boiled eggs?",I ask .