CHAPTER 8

It was a new day and the car which I use was finally back . So today I was going to drive to work in my car .

"Ma I am leaving",I shout from the living room .

"Take care beta",Ma says from the garden whose entrance is through one of the doors in the living room ..

Taking my keys I head out of the door and not long after that I am driving towards the Khanna industries .

While I was driving I saw a familiar figure walking . Looking closely it was none other than Rahul .

"Why is he walking towards the company as far as I know his home is literally 15 mins away from here",I say to myself before going towards him .

I slid down the window of the passenger seat when I am near him .

"Hey Rahul",I say and he looks at me .

"Why are you walking ? come get in",I say .

"Thankgod you found me",he says getting in .

"Why were you walking to the company?",I ask him .

"Well you see with training me and Aashna are also told to use public transport ",he says .

"So till now you both used public transport?",I ask suprised .

"Well yeah actually I live near more exactly near the park where we met yesterday",he says .

"I- don't you live in that one of the securest area of Mumbai?",I ask .

"Yes I do but me and Aashna aren't living in the Khanna mansion right now we won't be living there until we become the CEO's",he tells me .

"Why?",I ask feeling curious as I drive us to the company .

"Well Ma , Papa , Chacha and Chachi want us to become independent and they want us to know how to live alone and want us to learn how to do our own stuff",he says .

"Us as in you , Aashna and your cousin?",I ask .

"Yep but Rudra is yet to move out of the house he will soon though",he says .

"Wow my respect for your family increased even more",I say .

"Well I am happy they are making the three of us do this ",he says .

"Don't you miss home?",I ask .

"Yes I do and I go home every Sat and that makes me miss home a little less but can't wait to move back and I stay there till Monday early morning then go back to my apartment from where I come to the company ",he says .

"So you do all the cooking and cleaning?",I ask .

"Yup everything I have to save money for groceries , water and electric bills so no house helper",he says .

I don't know why but I feel proud of him and Aashna .

"Then the car you dropped me off by?",I ask .

"Oh that was my father's car the only time I use his or other Khanna fam's cars is when I am home",he tells me .

"So do you come by cab?",I ask .

"No cab , cabs are a little expensive and as you know I can't afford to use a cab daily so I come by bus and today I missed it",he says .

"Ahh now I see why you were walking next time you miss your bus call me I will come to pick you up",I offer .

"Woah really you would come everytime I miss the bus?",he asks .

"Yup",I reply .

"What if I miss it daily?",he asks with a teasing voice .