Peace Offering

Beginne am Anfang

"That would be a big help," Melody says, looking back at the barn. "Marcus and I can handle that if we have to." She adds, probably seeing the colour drain from Koji's face. He takes a deep breath, letting it out slowly to calm down.

"Which means we only need to worry about whoever they get as their third," Marcus says, crossing his arms. "Any idea who they might go to?" Koji hums in thought, stroking his chin. A dozen names come to him, but he can't see any of them agreeing to help kill Marcus.

"My only worry would be Akimoto," he says, leading them back to the main farmhouse. "But I doubt Akari would let him go long enough to take part."

"Tsukuyomi," Marcus clarifies to Melody. "I know how we can handle him. As long as we don't face him at night, then he shouldn't be a problem. Is there anyone else?"

"Not that I can think of. But I know all of the Kami - whoever they pick, we can make a plan for." Koji assures.

"Then that's what you two are doing for the rest of the day," Melody says, clapping her hands. "I'll join you in a bit. I've got something else I need to take care of."

"What else could there be?" Marcus says curiously. Melody eyes him, biting her lip again. She stares at him for a time, and Koji tries to follow her eyes to see what she's looking at. As far as he can tell, she's just looking at Marcus's face.

"Koji, the Shinto has a god of medicine, right?" She says softly, tearing her eyes away from Marcus to look at him. "Are they here?" Koji blinks at her, looking to Marcus for an explanation. Seeing his look of confusion mirrored back at him, Koji nods.

"Y-yeah, remember the pudgy guy you met outside Akari's room? Kaito - he's Sukuna-Biko-Na. God of healing, magic, brewing sake, and knowledge."

"Why do you need a god of healing?" Marcus says, grabbing her wrist. "Did something hit you? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine!" She snaps, pulling free from his grip. "We need to prepare for the fight, that's all. You two try to figure out who their third is going to be. I'll ask Hinata where I can find you when I'm done." Without waiting for a reply, she turns and marches into the house. Koji shivers, glancing at Marcus.

"She thinks we're going to lose, doesn't she?" He says anxiously. Why else would she need a god of healing before a big fight? Marcus sighs, shaking his head.

"No idea. But I never know what she's thinking. Let's just go figure out what we can."

Melody walks through the twisting halls, her head high and eyes focused forward. She walks quickly, listening for any sign that Marcus might be following her. If she can find Kaito, maybe he can help heal Marcus's eyes. But she can't let Marcus know what she's doing - giving him false hope would just be cruel.

"Is this what you call crow's feet?" A man says, poking the side of her head. Melody sighs at the familiar voice, not even bothering to look at him.

"I was wondering when you would show up again. What do you want?" She grunts. The monkey-faced man giggles, leaning his head back in his hands as he walks beside her.

"Oh, you sound stressed! You know, I hear Japan is known for its hot springs - you should try to relax! Just sit back and release some of that tension. Otherwise, you'll look like an old lady by this time next year."

"I don't have time for your games, just get to the point," She snaps. It occurs to her that she doesn't actually know where she's going. She was desperate to get away before she started chewing Marcus out again. She can see why he did what he did, nut she hates that he did it without talking to her about it first. Maybe if he had, they could have come up with a better plan together. Just like with his rebellion.