#forty-seven#

Começar do início

It's three minutes until six.

Luca puts the vacuum up and walks to the front door. He turns the alarm for that entrance off before opening it. He walks to stand on the porch, taking in the morning sunrise and getting some fresh air. He's also a little warm from all of the quick work that he just did.

He watches as Harper's car pulls into the driveway. She parks and walks to the back to get Onyx's car seat out.

As she walks up the path, Luca greets her with a warm smile.

"Good morning, Harper."

"Good morning, Luca. Delilah's still sleeping?"

"For another thirty minutes or so, yes." He holds his hands out for the car seat, diaper bag and play mat.

"Okay. Tell her that I said hello. Yoongi and I thank the both of you." Harper hands them to him.

"It's no problem. Really. I didn't have much planned to do, anyway. Do you have time to talk for a minute? I know you and Yoongi want to get out to the city early but it will be quick."

"Sure. What's going on?" Harper asks as they walk into the foyer.

Luca closes the door and sets the car seat on the small table. He takes the sleeping infant out, holding him against the warmth of his body.

Onyx sucks on his pacifier and grabs the first available thing. His small fist hold onto the fabric of Luca's shirt.

"Delilah and I were talking last night and we were wondering if Onyx had any godparents? We know that Taehyung and Hailey have seen him more and he knows them better. But we didn't know if they were his godparents or if he officially has any."

"Oh, uhm." Harper presses her lips into a thin line. "Onyx doesn't have any godparents. I've never thought about giving him any. I don't really know what all of that entails. You all care for him."

"People these days just call anyone their child's godparents. But it really means, or is supposed to be, someone that will take care of your child or raise them in the event that something ever happened to you."

Hearing these words inadvertently cause Harper's heart to hurt. Before, she'd never thought of giving her future children godparents. There was never this idea that somebody outside of her family would raise them.

Her parents were always her first and only option. They always made the most sense. They were the only ones in this world that she trusted to do a task such as raise her child in her absence.

But things have changed. The people in her life have completely changed and no longer include her parents.

Everything has changed for her. A complete 180 from what it was. Nothing is as it used to be for her.

"Give me some time to think about it." Harper replies to Luca.

He sees that her eyes are staring into space, zoned out a little bit.

"I apologize if I upset you." Luca states. "I didn't mean to."

"No, it's okay. It's not your fault. It's mine. Uhm, I'll talk to Yoongi before we make a decision about anything."

"Whatever you decide is fine; you must know that. It will be a good decision in either direction. I just wanted to ask. Do not put any pressure to please on your decision behind this. It is your child's life and you have all of the say-so."

"Thank you, Luca." Harper smiles softly at him.

"Of course."