CHAPTER 19

Hoping this chapter is a bit longer so it evens out with the previous chapter which was a little short.

° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° °

The next day~

The 2 men woke up next to each other, and Luffy smiled when he saw his ring. He was never going to get used to seeing it, it was just so beautiful. 

"We need to tell people about our engagement. Can you use the transponder snails for your crew and call them to have them visit? I can pay for them to stay in Foosha for a few days." Law asked. "They can bring their significant others too."

"Yeah, I'll go call them." Luffy said getting up. 

Law got up as Luffy left the room to go to their transponder snail closet. He put on some clothes and went into their bathroom. He was brushing his teeth when Luffy came in and hugged him from behind. 

"Sabo and Koala didn't leave, they are staying at Dadan's. Shanks was planning on coming today to visit Makino. Everyone else will be here tomorrow except Robin and Franky. They need about a day or so extra. My dad will be here in 3 days, along with my Grandpa." Luffy said laying his chin on Laws shoulder.

"How do we want to do this? Wait for everyone to get here then tell them all at once? Or tell them as they arrive?" Law questioned.

"Probably as they arrive. Otherwise it will be mayhem," Luffy said with a grimace.

Law chuckled and said, "Probably. We can tell my crew after we tell your family who is already here. We can go tell Sabo-ya, Koala-ya, and Dadan-ya in an hour or so."

"Sounds like a plan. I'll go get dressed," Luffy said walking to their closet and picking out some simple clothes.

After they were dressed and had eaten breakfast they walked hand in hand to Dadan's house. They knocked on the door, and Koala answered.

"Oh, hi! We weren't expecting you," she said letting them inside.

"We figured we should tell you 3 the news first, since you are direct family and already here." Law said.

"W-what news?" Dadan asked nervously.

"We are engaged!" Luffy exclaimed smiling happily. 

Sabo started crying and hugged his little brother. Dadan did the same. Koala went over to Law and patted his shoulder.

"Welcome to the family Law," she said smiling.

"Thanks Koala-ya," Law responded.

Once Sabo and Dadan finished crying the 5 of them ate lunch. After lunch Luffy and Law left to walk to town. They were on their way to visit Makino's bar to tell Makino and Shanks. Law was nervous, because he had barely ever talked to Shanks. He knew Shanks was overly protective of Luffy. 

They entered the bar and Luffy ran to Shanks and Makino and gave them both a hug. 

"I have news to tell you guys," Luffy said smiling.

"What is it Lu?" Makino asked.

"Im engaged! I am getting married!" Luffy smiled widely at the 2 older adults.

"I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!" Makino yelled as tears came in full force.

"ABOUT DAMN TIME LAW!!!!" Shanks yelled at Law with a grin while hitting Law's back harder than necessary.

The 4 adults spent some time catching up. In Law and Shanks' case they were getting to know each other. Law and Luffy spent the rest of the evening there, then went to the house Law's crew was sharing. Penguin opened the door when they knocked. He looked down at Luffy's finger, then immediately started smiling.