CHAPTER 18

Are you ready?!?!? 

° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° °

The next day~

Law spent the whole day getting everything ready. He had reserved a table at the nicest restaurant in Foosha village. It wasn't the most extravagant, but it was special. He prepared his outfit and got the ring ready. He wanted everything to go perfectly. 

Luffy deserved it.

Once 6 o'clock rolled around, Law got dressed, put the ring in his pocket, and went downstairs to get Luffy. Luffy was in his usual clothes. 

"Are you ready babe?" Law asked. 

"Yeah!" Luffy replied turning around. "Ooooo you look hot. Something going on tonight? Got a hot date?"

"No, this is what I normally wear, just different pants. But I do have a hot date, and that's you," Law said pulling Luffy into a quick kiss. He didn't want Luffy to know yet, so he had to change the topic quickly.

"Mmmmm. Okay then! Let's go!" Luffy said excitedly.

The 2 men walked to town and to the restaurant they were having dinner at. It was a peaceful dinner. They ate and drank, but not too much. Law paid the tab, and after dinner he led Luffy to the beach to walk.

So far everything was going according to plan. 

They took off their shoes so their feet could touch the sand. They held hands as they walked the shoreline staring at the setting sun. Law started talking about their past.

"Do you remember the first day we met?" Law inquired.

"Of course I do. It was the day I punched that fucktard Celestial Dragon in the face." Luffy replied laughing at the memory.

"It was. When I saw you do that, I knew you had guts. I was fascinated by you. I wanted to get to know the boy behind the pirate captain. And then we met again when I saved you in Marineford. You looked so broken then, and it broke my heart to see you that way. I knew I had to save you." Law reminisced.

"If you hadn't, I wouldn't be here today," Luffy said smiling.

"I'm glad I did. Because I made that spur-of-the-moment decision, we have had the past 5 years full of amazing memories. We have a house together, love each other, and support one another through everything. I want to always have that with you. For the rest of my life." Law stated.

Luffy looked at Law and said, "I want that too." He gave Law a big smile full of love.

Law stopped walking. Luffy looked back, slightly worried. He saw Law get down on one knee and pull out a small box. Law opened the box and held it up to Luffy. Inside was a ring. Luffy put his hands to his mouth as he gasped. The ring was made of white gold. It had a twisted design with small diamonds surrounding the slightly bigger centerpiece. It was simple, but beautiful.

"I want to spend the rest of my life with you Luffy-ya. I dont just want to be your boyfriend anymore. I want to be your husband. I have had my mind made up that you would be mine forever for years, but I never knew how to propose. It had to be special, because you are special. I have never loved someone as much as I love you. And I never will. Luffy-ya, will you please marry me?" Law looked into Luffy's eyes begging for the answer he needed to hear.

Luffy started crying and dropped to his knees in front of Law. "YES!! Of course!!" He hugged Law fiercely and pulled back so Law could slip the ring onto his left ring finger. "Its beautiful Law."

"Just like you," Law replied then pulled Luffy into a kiss. 

The two continued to walk the beach after Luffy finally stopped crying. He was now giggling while staring at his left hand.

"It's so pretty," Luffy said to Law.

Law brought Luffy's hand to his lips and kissed the ring. "A pretty ring for a pretty man." Law smiled and kissed Luffy's forehead.

Luffy blushed and hand Law's hand again. He had never been this happy.

They walked back to their house talking about this and that. Who they should tell first, what they want their wedding to look like, who to invite, how many children they want.

They finally arrived home and got ready for bed. They laid down and fell asleep together, as they had been doing every night for years, and would be doing every year following

° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° °

Sorry for the short chapter, it kind of had to be. It was just the proposal day. 

I loved writing this chapter, it made me all giggly. It was all fluffy and I loved it.

Ill see you next chapter my lovelies <3

(830 words)