CHAPTER 5

Welcome back!! 

Now that they both have realized their feelings (with some help ofc) things can get going.

Not too fast though ;)

 ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° °

The next day (6 days until Zou arrival)~

Law woke up to Luffy yelling about breakfast. He groaned and turned over. 'Its too early for this shit,' he thought to himself. He got up and went to the dining room. He saw sandwiches on the table and groaned. He turned around about to walk back out, but then he heard his nickname.

"Torao where are you going?" Luffy asked, suddenly right beside Law.

"I don't like bread, so sandwiches are a no for me," Law explained.

"I know that, that's why I had them make you onigiri. You like them don't you?" Luffy said walking in front of Law and giving him his signature smile. A smile that lit up the whole room and made Bartolomeo cry.

"Uh... y-yes, I do like them..." Law stammered. He had no idea Luffy had been paying so close attention to him.

"Good!!" Luffy smiled even bigger, if that was even possible. He pulled Law over to the table and made him sit next to the spot where Luffy had been. There was a space where Luffy was supposed to sit right in between Zoro and Law. Luffy ran to the fridge and grabbed the small plate of onigiri. He ran back to where Law and Zoro were staring each other down and plopped right in between them.

"Here! I made sure no bread was put near them, shishishishi. They have spicy tuna in the middle, so I hope you like them! I helped make them..." The last sentence came out in a low voice as he looked away. This was completely different from the excitement just seconds before.

 'Cute~' Law thought to himself. He could feel his heated cheeks and knew they were at least a little pink. Robin chuckled to herself and Zoro smirked. Both of them knew exactly what he was thinking about. One word summed everything it could possibly be up: Luffy. Breakfast continued uneventfully, everyone talking with the people near them.

After breakfast everyone went to do their own thing. Robin and Franky went to work on a new invention together. The pair worked quite well together. Robin made the blueprints while Franky did the actual building. Usopp followed Kin'emon and they played around with Usopp's plants while Kanjuro watched eating lettuce he had drawn. Zoro went to lay against the mast and take a nap. And Law, as always went to his chair. 

Once he had sat down, he noticed someone had followed him. He looked behind him only to see Luffy. 

"Why did you follow me?" Law asked, somewhat coldly.

"Because you're always alone. It makes me sad to think that you are lonely. I'm kinda lonely too. I know that someone would hang out with me if I asked, but they are all doing stuff and I don't wanna be a burden." Luffy explained sounding a little down. He had been thinking about his missing friends, and it was weighing heavily on him. He was scared to be alone right now.

Law could hear the slight pain in Luffy's voice. He could see the sweat on the teens face. He could hear his rugged breathing, as if being extremely controlled. He could see the clenched fists. He was a doctor, he knew the signs. Luffy was on the verge of a panic attack. But... why?

"Are you okay? Do you want to get away from everyone else and talk about whatever it is that's bothering you?" Law asked getting slightly worried.

"I'm fine," Luffy said giving a strained smile. 

Right after the words had left Luffy's lips the older male grabbed Luffy's hand and led the younger into the storage room of the ship, away from prying eyes. He knew this could get messy, and didn't want to worry anyone else. It was obvious Luffy didn't want to tell anyone.

"Look, I know you may not want to talk to anyone about it, but I'm a doctor. You cant fucking lie to me about something medical. I know the signs of a fucking panic attack, Luffy-ya. Youre sweating, hyperventilating, and clenching your fists! Now tell me, what the fuck is wrong?!?!" Law said in frustration. By the end he was yelling with genuine worry flooding his voice.

After Law said that, Luffy broke down. Tears filled his eyes and his knees gave way. "I'm just so scared for my friends. I haven't talked to them since they told me they were taking on Big Mom. I cant afford to lose anyone else!! I already lost A-Ace. I couldn't do anything then but I swore to protect those I still have. BUT IM STILL TOO WEAK!!!" Luffy sobbed. His voice just sounded so... broken. He was on the ground sobbing, hyperventilating and hitting himself.

Law kneeled down and grabbed the youngers wrists and pulled Luffy close and just held him in a hug. 

"It's okay Luffy-ya. I'm sure they are just fine. You cant beat yourself up over this. You have a strong crew. You need to have faith in their abilities. They can overcome this. You can overcome this," Law said in a soft voice. A voice he never uses with anyone. 

They stayed like that for a while, Law holding Luffy close. Luffy was using Law to calm his anxiety. Law was grounding him. Helping him so he didn't have a complete freak out and destroy the ship, like he did after Ace. Luffy just sobbed against Law until finally the tears dried up. Once he had finally stopped crying, he pulled away from Laws chest and saw the position they were in. He had been sitting on Laws lap.

"I'm s-so s-sorry!! I-I didnt realize!!" Luffy jumped up from Laws lap and turned a bright red. 

Law laid his head on one of his knees and gave a soft smile, "Luffy-ya. Its okay. You needed comfort. I provided it. It was my duty as a doctor."

"O-oh. Okay then," Luffy said with a small smile. "Well, thank you Torao!" 

He walked over to Law and gave him a small kiss on the cheek, then walked out of the room. 

Laws brain took a second to register what exactly had just happened. It was fast and barely there... but Luffy had kissed him. Only his cheek, but he had kissed him. 'Holy shit....' Law thought to himself. His brain short circuited and he was sure there was steam coming out of his ears from how heated his face was. 

"I guess I really do like Luffy-ya..." Law said chuckling to himself. 

° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° ° °

This chapter was a little bit longer and less light hearted. I wanted to show Luffy's struggle after Aces death. It was never shown in the anime except for right after he woke up. That kind of pain doesn't go away even after multiple years.

I was also listening to Fall Out Boy while writing this, sooo maybe that had something to do with the edginess lol. :3

See you next chapter!! Love you all!! <3

(1231 words)