"my bad, I snuck up" I say, and she hands me the chips and drinks, so we check out.

"Dad am I pretty?" she asks randomly during the long drive home, "yes, you're the most beautiful girl I've ever met" i responded, my eyes still focused on the road, "promise?"

"yes. I promise" i say, i wish she can see herself through my eyes, only then she'll understand that she is beautiful.

"thanks dad."

———————

We arrive home, and the security guard lets the gate open, and the garage door opens. Staff members come out to help us unload.

our evening went relatively easy, and then the day I been anticipating arrives.

when the package was delivered I made sure to read the documents very carefully.

Everything was a match. I reread the entire analysis of the paternity test, and as stated in bold: POSITIVE. PROBABILITY OF PATERNITY - 99.358

it was like a wave of relief and burden that was taken off of me, i inhaled deeply as I examined the piece of evidence, my heart was racing so fast, like I just ran a marathon, and I was drawing blanks, all I could think about is, Olivia is mine.

I placed the documents in front of me on my desk, as I leaned back in my chair, I hardly moved a muscle except for reading the information and I felt so...excited and exhausted.

then suddenly I needed to keep this document somewhere safe and secure, i carefully placed the document back into the folder it came in, i opened the under drawer to my desk, and I kept the document there.

I wasn't sure when the time would come to tell Olivia, or if I should... I don't think the information is necessary, she's gone through too much already.. so perhaps it's better to just keep this to myself.

I locked the under drawer and put the key in one of the fake flower pots sitting on my desk.

I really don't know what to do now. I have the information, but what to do with it? I don't know.

keeping it to myself is considered selfish, so let me be selfish.

"hey dad" i hear my daughter's voice interjecting my thought process, she helped herself into my office.

"hi sweetie, did you need something?" i got up from my chair and greeted her with a hug.

"dad, are you mad at me?"

"what? no. is there a reason for me to be?" i was confused.

"I feel like you're mad.." she mumbles

"I'm never mad at you, okay?" i kiss her forehead.

———————

Olivia

arriving back was same old, i went to unpack and just relax, then today my dad was being so secretive, like he was around for breakfast then he snuck off to who knows where.

I thought he was mad at me, since he kept avoiding me, so I just decided to check out the office, and I saw dad was looking at some documents, so I thought I'd retrieve back from the office, nonetheless I wanted to ask dad an important question.

that would consists of only five words.

and with a lot more affection dad denied that he was mad, and so it just left me really confused.