"However, I bought a dress for you" dad just casually says as he shows me a balmain ivory silk, "dad. that's like at most $830" I remarked, money is definitely not a problem, however I'm just a messy person. "Now I look at it. Yes, darling you're right..." I sigh as he finally understands me, then he proceeds to say "it's too cheap. don't worry daughter I will buy a more extravagant dress"

never mind. he doesn't understand me.

"no, no. dad I love it" i say, and I took the dress from him, i went to get into the dress.

I gathered my stuff, and bid goodbye to my best friend and then her parents. and, dad helps me carry my stuff out to our car.

I didn't really say much, neither did he as we just sat in the car in silence, i didn't mind the silence though, i had taken that as my opportunity to take a snooze.

Alex

the hospital said that the results would take 24-48 hours before we can see, i wasn't sure how to feel. if the test came positive... I wouldn't know how to feel.

I'd be ecstatic, but even if the test is negative, I'd love her regardless.

I wasn't able to calculate the math at all, i met olivia when she was turning 13.. and at that time I was 32, so it makes sense.

unless, she's got the wrong age, but.. I don't even know anymore, the next hours are going to feel so long, and suspenseful. I just have myself to blame if the results are positive.

I had been gone for majority of the morning, i was really uneasy with going to the hospital about the paternity test.. nonetheless I had the courage.

obviously when I came back to the beckers' residents, I hugged my daughter extra careful, because the thought of Olivia coming from me, just .. stirred something inside of me, i know I said I'd love Olivia no matter what, but just thinking about the fact that she could be my very blood.

this must be what fatherhood truly feels like.

the drive back home was rather quiet, and my daughter is already sleeping away, i knew she barely had any sleep so for her to rest for a bit is good.

I stopped by some plaza to fill up on gas, with a sleeping daughter I knew I had to do the thing I hate to do.

waking her up. it's like waking up a beast.

I shut the engine off, and was hoping she'd wake up on her own, but nothing.

"baby, time to wake up." I murmur as I remove strands of her hair out of her face, "mhm" as she rubs her eyes, "are we there?" She proceeds

"we still got another hour to go. You need to use the restroom?" i enquire, and she nods.

"alright. I'll fill up and just wait by checkout" I instruct, ever since her kidnapping, I've been so cautious whenever we go out to public places. I know she's 16, a young adult, but I'll always worry for her safety.

"okay dad, is it fine if we buy some snacks?" she asks, and I give her a 'mhm' in response,

"okay" and off she went.

I went to the pump and selected premium then every now and then I'd just glance at the gas station store entrance opening, seeing who goes in and out.

after the gas is filled, I go inside to meet my daughter.

for a moment when I didn't see her, panic arose then I saw she was selecting some snacks, which made me relax.

"ready to go?" I startled my daughter, as she jumps a little, making me chuckle.