XVII.

"WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!"

I couldnt do anything but listen to my grandma yelling at me for 13 minutes and 23 seconds straight. She didn't hit me once, but her tone always managed to send shivers down my spine.

"Cut his stomach, and steal his gun?! You could've gotten killed! And you were clearly close to death." She said eyeing me up and down.

I sighed "You're right, and I'm sorry.. But.. He killed my Ilu in front of me.." I said with a shaky voice.

She took a deep breath in, and exhaled, before sitting next to me and hugging me.

"You bring the worst of me out sometimes kid." She said and I started crying as I  laid my head on her chest.

"She.. She was like family to me.. I spent more than half my life with her, and she got killed because of me.." I said

"It's not your fault there's evil in this world."

I let go of her, and wiped my tears "It's my fault.. Curiosity got the best of me."

She looked at me confused.

"I had a dream dad killed mom, and went  to the spirit tree." As I said that grams eyes widened, and her breathing got heavier, as if she started to get flashbacks.. "Grandma?"

"Water.." She said, and I quickly ran over to the kitchen pouring water in a cup and handing it to her.

She drank it all in a few second, holding her chest. I've never seen her in this state.

"Whats wrong? Tell me!" I said and she looked at me before sighing.

"What.. What you saw in your dream was true." She said.

I furrowed my brows, feeling my organs turn upside down.

"It is..? But.. Why?!" I said

"They fought all the time. He couldnt take it anymore, so he sliced her throat open in front of me, and then killed himself out of guilt." She said blankly.

"And you knew it..?"

"I wouldve told you,  but I was in a coma."

"You couldve told me once you woke up!"

"I didn't wann atalk about it! Thats the whole reason why I fell in a coma in the first place.."

I kept quiet at this.

"Hey, grams.. That was in the past.. My father is a.. I cant even reffer to him as my father anymore.. Let's just focus on the things happening right now, like my hair is really messed up." I said with a fake smile.

"Thank you.. Let's fix it, hm?" She said with a visibaly fake smile too.

I nodded my head, before sitting down in front of her, so that my back can face her.

My smile dropped the moment she couldnt see my face. I was sad, angry and dissapointed. ALl my life, I thought of my mom as the bad guy.

I cant face that wretched man after this. Never again.

She ended up brushing my hair out, and braiding 3 small braids into it putting golden beads over them.