V.

I have been avoiding Neteyam for the last few days, especially after that night.

I didn't want to let my feelings get ahold of me.
I have my own responsibilities, a crush would be too much.

Especially one who would never return his feelings to me.

I was working with the kids again. Some of them finally making bonds with their Ilus.
I felt great, my old life was back.

But I felt emptiness. I don't know why, I have friends around, animals and everything I've wanted, but something was missing..

Or rather someone.

As I was watching the children play with their Ilus, I felt something tug on my {bottoms of choice}

I looked down and saw little Tuk, feeling all better.

"Tuk! You look great!" I said patting her head and she hugged me around my waist.

"I feel good as new! And look at me, I don't have any stains from the berries!" She said standing straight, with confidence.

I smiled at her, feeling my heart melt..

I work with children, yea, but I'm not a fan of them.. But this kid, she's just adorable.

From the corner of my eye, I saw someone approach us. Of course, his dark blue skin, with those wet braids and tall body cought my attention.

Neteyam.

I didn't even turn to look at him at first before he put his hand against my shoulder, getting my attention. I looked at him rather confused, and he was smiling at me.

I looked over at Tuk, who was playing with the other kids and sighed turning back to face Neteyam.

"What is it?" I asked and he started nervously scratching the back of his neck.

"I wanted to ask you it Tuk can join your class. She seems to really like you, and you're a great teacher-" Before he could finish I cut him off.

"Yeah, sure. She starts tommorow morning. If that's all, I'd like to go back to work." I said turning away and started petting an Ilu who passed by me.

"Actually, I wanted to ask something else.. Why have you been.. Avoiding me lately?" When he asked that, I tried showing no reaction, but my ear twitch exposed my nervousness. It's uncontrollable at this point.

"I.. I just thought that was the right thing to do, since I'm assuming you found yourself a girlfriend." I said still not looking at him.

"What makes you think I found a girlfriend?" I moved my gaze to him before frowning.

"Well you asked me how to sign 'you're beautiful' and how to confess to someone, so I'm assuming you used it on someone by now" I said that and then turned to walk away but he grabbed my wrist pulling me down in the water.

When he did that, I turned around in the water, looking at him in confusion.

'What was that for?' I signed and he smiled a bit, clearly wanting to sign something, but not being sure.

He then suddenly put his hands against his eyes, swaying them away from his face, as he looked at me in the eyes.

He signed to me that I'm beautiful..

I looked at him for a moment before swimming back up. I drained the water out of my hair as he got back up too.

"Yea, that's how you sign it if you wanted to show me how fast of a learner you are, great job" I said in an annoyed tone rolling my eyes.