III.

It was time to finally start off with our lessons, and whats a better way to start than breathing lessons? We all got in a circle, working together on the breathing techniques.

It wasnt going very well tho.. All of them were feeling anxious around us, since this technique requires a lot of concetration, which was impossible here with Ao'nung and his friend.

"Your heartbeat is fast.. Take deap breaths and breathe here.." Tsireya told Loak, her left hand on his chest and right on his stomach. He did a visible gulp, showing his nervous state.

Me, Rotxo and Neteyam chuckled, and Kiri just sighed. Loak opened his eyes standing up. "Whats wrong?" Tsireya questioned. "I cant focus on my heartbeat around these bastards, and dont laugh at me Neteyam!" "Sorry bro.."

"Alright.." Tsireya said standing up. "Let's all split in pairs.. Kiri can go with Rotxo, Ao'nung can go with Tuk. Y/N can go with Neteyam and-"

"And you get to work with Loak, alright, lets go Neteyam." I stand up but get cut off by Ao'nung.

"Wait! I wanna trade partners. Y/N, youre better with kids, you should partner with Tuk." "Yea, I dont wanna pair up with this sxwang either!" Tuk added pointing at Ao'nung.

"No. Im not leaving you alone with the older kids, especially Neteyam or Loak, because we all know that wont end well." I say rolling my eyes and walking away with Neteyam letting Ao'nung argue with himself.

We found a peaceful spot on the beach to train. It was going quite well. His heartbeat was slowing down, and eventualy he could hold his breath in for longer. There was no need to continue this lesson with him, but I didnt wanna leave. I felt peaceful in his presance. The sun was setting, there were slight waves, and no one was around.

I kept going on and on with the same thing.

"You keep getting better and better! Let's do it again, hm?" I say putting my hand on his chest but he just sighed letting out a slight chuckle.

I tilted my head in confusion, and he just grabbed my hand gently putting it down.

"Y/N, nothing is changing, I'm ready and you know it. Whats wrong?" he asked and I looked down in embarrasment.

"Well.. It's hard to explain.." I said putting my hand away. "You can tell me." he said in a calm tone making me loke into his eyes. I gulped before turning to look at the sea.

"It's Ao'nung.. He's acting really weird lately. He always makes fun of me, and makes my life miserable, but ever since you guys arived he.. changed? And I dont like it.." I say hugging my knees.

"What is he to you?" Neteyam questioned, making my ears twitch. I stay silent for a moment before deciting to talk.

"We're.. We're promised to each other." I finally said it. Neteyam was really silent at this, and when I looked at him he had a rather.. hurt look in his eyes? "Are you okay?"

I asked and he snapped out of it. "Oh, yeah.. Im just surprised.. Wait, but, dont you have a say in this?" he asked and I burried my face in my knees.

"I do.. And trust me I wish I called it off in time, but.. My mothers biggest wish before her death was for me to become a Tsahik.. I guess it's too late anyway." I laid down in the sand and he laid next to me.

"It's never too late for anything. My mom, was also promised to a warrior. But when she met my dad, they ended up mateing, which was like a death wish since he was kinda.. human? Its hard to explain." I sat up towering over him with a surpised expression.

"Really? You think theres still fate? But your parents loved each other.. I don tlove anyone from my clan." I say frowning. He smiled at this.

"Who says the love of your life has to be your kind for you to call it love."

When he said that, all I could do was observe him and his features. Thats when I noticed his hair beads, how he, unlike his brother had 4 fingers and no brows, his eyes.

I smiled after that moment. "I'd like to hear the love story of your parents.." he flashed a wide grin sitting up and started to talk.

I loved listening to him. His voice, his accent, the way he words things.. Everything he said was beautiful. How he would slightly smile as he talked about certain parts of the story.

The story itself was beautiful. It gave me fate, made me belive that theres still a chance that I could fall in love, and get out of this hell..

We sat and talked and talked..

I could do this with him for hours if I could..