Ch.21 Friends

***

***

"Please Dee, I'm begging you"

Remus pleaded for the umpteenth time to Delphina in the last hour. It started during their walk around the grounds on a Friday afternoon. The only noise was coming from the quidditch pitch, presumably gryffindor training for their upcoming match against Hufflepuff. Delphina lovingly rested her head against Remus' muscular biceps as they walked with no particular purpose.

It had been Remus to suggest the idea of a short walk before going to the great hall. With a long week of endless school work, he always found it nice to clear his head before the weekend, and who better to walk with than his beloved girlfriend who jumped at the idea of getting some fresh air. Delphina had noticed this week that his friends had gradually noticed that their 4th member of the group was always elsewhere, and this resulted in Remus being either constantly interrogated or followed by one of the intrusive boys.

She should've known that his being with her at all times wouldn't last. Their apparent 'honeymoon' phase was ebbing away. Being with him all the time, was an unrealistic expectation she held close to her heart and Delphina could definitely dream, but his friends had to get in the middle of something that didn't concern them and further intrude.

"They're like my brothers," he had constantly reasoned with when their already questionable behaviour got out of hand. She didn't like that. They never knew when to stop. Instead, they continued to tickle the sleeping lion or take another step closer to the edge of a cliff. He constantly reasoned with her about his "brothers" and their questionable behaviour, but she didn't like it. They kept picking on students and making the professor's job ten times harder, she scoffed when remembering that they were 16 and 17 years old.

Delphina lost count of all the times she went to Professor McGonagall's office, and she was still up exhaustingly dealing with the aftereffects of their pranks. She even had Dee help her cast dirt and dust back onto the trophies ready for the boys' next detention (which usually meant the very next day). Everyone laughed at them back in the first year, but she no longer fell for their recklessness.

Yes, she understood their close bond as non-related brothers. They had all been friends since their first year, and she completely understood. She and Pandora were the same, but the boys seemed to always want to know everything down to the fine details that is happening in Remus' life. It was starting to bug her more and more often anytime she caught a glimpse of the rowdy boys pestering and poking her boyfriend on the way to class. She raged more when Remus didn't make it stop, didn't call them out, only letting it continue and affect him.

Sure, they had their charms, on the younger years and certainly the ladies, but there was only so much to spread around to someone as it seemed to vanish by Delphina's turn. So when out on the walk, he asked over and over that questions. She couldn't force herself to say yes. But the look in his eyes as he pleads his thumbs gently stroking over her hands, keeping them warm. She crumbled, head falling in defeat as she sighed.