Ch.15 Scars

***

Third Person P.O.V

After a long night of constant torture, the full moon had passed. He awoke alone in the shrieking shack with a large rugged blanket covering his bare body, examining his body for any scratches. A pile of folded clothes sits on a chair in the room's corner.

He didn't know where the boys were, he was too delusional to care. He had never felt this high after a full moon. Did he stumble across some magic mushrooms in the forest last night?

Before he knew his daze, turned his brain to juice, his thoughts were sloshing around, making a headache abundantly clear. He leisurely threw the clothes on his feet and took them before his brain could even comprehend his legs were in motion.

The boys weren't even on his mind anymore. Thoughts of them dissolved away in the air behind him as he headed towards the castle to escape the frosty morning. Periodically pumping against the ice stone wall, his socks absorbed all the numbingly cold particles on the floor. His hands felt like blocks on nothingness as his body temperature continued to decrease.

His state of coming more into question as he stumbled into the vaguely familiar blue common room. He had somehow picked up his leg and coordinated himself up the spiral stairs towards a wide-awake room. His energy seemed to die at the moment he went to knock, instead falling straight into the heavy wood with a thundering thud.

He sat up hunched on the floor, his eyes widened in alertness as his 'backrest' abruptly disappeared, his back meeting with the icy floor. Groaning at the sudden chill, his eyes slowly open to see another pair of deep brown ones staring into him.

"Ah!" A hand muffled his scream, dragging him into a room.

As he adjusted to the dim lighting, Delphina rushed back to him. Her first move as she crouched in front of him was examining his body for damage as his face was openly displayed.

She didn't bother to ask him why he looked dead. He looked far too out of it to comprehend sign language, let alone actual words. As her eyes slowly scanned, she noticed a deep red peeking out of his shirt. Tenderly, she hovered the tips of her fingers over the shirt.

He hissed in pain, recoiling away from Delphie, her eyes saddened at seeing the pain inflicted on his features. Shuffling closer, her fingers tugged on the bottom of his, silently asking to take it off. His grunt was enough for her to peel off the shirt, uncovering a deep scratch mark along his abdomen and chest.

Her hand flew up to her mouth in shock, she rushed to her bathroom in search of anything that could help. She dropped an arm full of medical supplies in front of the sleepy Remus, her hands working fast pouring the anti-septic onto a rag.

Delphie's shaky hands meet his chest. She pressed hard, getting deeper into the large scratch. The burning sensation caused the boy to let out a loud groan. He caught her wrist as she tried to move to the biggest scare across his pecs. His eyes pleaded with her. The stinging pain grew worse as she tipped more on the rag for his wound. Her eyes showed sorrow but continued to clean him.

Once Delphie had finished with the alcohol, she began to wrap the cloth bandages around his entire body to cover them completely. The bandage went around his back and Delphina's arm could lengthen no longer. She shuffled closer between his legs to retrieve it with her other hand. Their faces were inches away. Remus admired how she focused on the bandage it brought a smile to his face, even a little smirk as he silently caught her glancing at his faded abs.

Her eyes held curiosity and despair at the state he had so nonchalantly waved off as she dragged him in. Once she had finished covering the wounds, checking that they were secure, her hand fell to her lap, fumbling with them. Delphina looked up, ready to sign her concern and questions about his current state, only to find him dozed off. His head dropped into an uncomfortable position.

*****

Remus woke surrounded by the warmth of bedsheets and the lovely smell of water-lilies, he knew that he was certainly not in the hospital wing, so where was he?

He heard the rush of footsteps closing in on the bed. His vision showed Delphina hovering over his face. Concern splashed over her face and sat beside him, cringing at his attempt to sit up. They sat in silence as the Lupin-boy backtracked through his brain as he tried to recall even stepping out of the shrieking shack. Delphina's fingertips tilted his head up so he could watch her sign a question.

"How are you feeling?"

"I shouldn't be here. You don't deserve a friend who is such a burden with ugly scars" She shook her head in disbelief at his harsh degrading words. He attempted to quickly flee and go back to his Delphina-less life only to have her force ably shove him back down as he resisted.

"Don't say that they're ugly, our flaws give us a story of our own. It provides a connection other people don't have. Look at my flaw, I can't hear but it makes me beautiful in a way that I connect with the world and people in a much deeper and different way than others. Something only special to ourselves. so don't think for a second they're ugly because it shows your link to the world and only yours" Remus stared in pure adoration at her speech spoken through only her hands because she was right and he only saw the love that had spilled out from him surrounding him for her and only her.

Clasping her face, inching them closer, and connecting lips, a ball of emotion burst through their souls with their feelings, thoughts, insecurities, and hearts. All the passion from the two teenagers intertwined. The sun shone brighter into the small dorm as the passionate kiss continued, both with tears of joy falling down their cheeks and joining into a puddle on the linen sheets.

Delphina pulled away, accompanied by an extensive grin, noticing Remus matching her. She watched as his lips moved, taking in the very impactful words.

"Delphie Emco will you be my girlfriend"

Word Count: 1078