Chapter 2

"What? Are you serious dad? Me?" I asked dad and pointed to myself. Tumagilid ang ulo niya and looked at me in the eyes.

"Is there a problem?" He asked and I just blinked at him. He just gave a cold stare.

"But dad? Isn't it risky to put me in the mission? I mean, just look at the article" I said and read the article in the newspaper twice.

"It says here that they are only hiring men. Aren't there any other men in the clan that can do it?" I said as I pointed to the newspaper article. Dad sighed and stood from his seat para maglakad papalapit sakin with his hands behind his back.

"Sweetie, you know the records of the other generals in our clan. Some of them have already been known and have a public reputation. I'm sure that the Montaignes won't miss a single data about the Oscallas so they most likely know almost everyone in our clan" he said and walked back and forth behind my chair while I listened to him intently.

It is true, some of our generals have already been discovered and maybe the Montaignes already have data to almost everyone in the Oscalla Clan.

"Reycko is one of our best choices. But unfortunately, he will be going on an undercover mission the same time we need to execute this mission. So, that leaves us to you" dad continued and stopped. I can feel is awra oozing from behind me as I felt his stern stand.

"You are also one of the best, and I trained you to be one of the best. I trained you to face your fears-"

"I'm not afraid dad" I cut him off and spoke with a stern voice with my fists clenched on the table. I'm not angry, the word 'fear' just really gets on nerves.

My father remained silent for some time and later, I heard him sighed. He sat down on a vacant chair next to me and looked at me worriedly.

"Then what is stopping you sweetie?" He said in a soft voice. I looked up at him and released my fist. My father may use words that are really offending and sometimes he also looks tough, but inside he really just want the best for the clan and his loved ones.

"I'm just worried dad. I may pull of being a man but I'm still a girl. What if they found out that I'm not what they think I was. I might put the whole clan in danger" I sternly said and looked down on the table to avoid my father's gaze. It is an honor to do the mission, I was excited that my father chose me. But, how about the fact that I am a girl?

"Kai, don't worry too much about what's yet to happen. You are a great member of the Oscallas and most of all you are a great daughter. You will never let this clan down. Trust your father with this sweetie, I know you can pull this off. Just look at yourself, I hardly even recognize you with the your looks" saad ng aking ama ang patted my shoulder.

He softly smiled at me kaya wala akong naggawa at ngumiti rin pabalik sa kanya. Alright, I can do this. Kaya ko 'to, I'm Kai Oscalla and I am never walking away on this mission.

"Thanks dad. I'll do it"  I confidently said that made my dad smile. Kaya ko 'to, sa pogi kong 'to? Okay. No. Hindi bagay sa'kin maging mahangin. How does Reycko do this?

"You better pack your things. I'll tell Alfredo to take care of your resume and other important documents. Be there in a sec" dad said and left the dining room to find Alfredo. Sinundan ko siya ng tingin bago tumayo at kinuha ang coat na nakasabit sa upuan.

I made my way upstairs towards my room with my coat hanging on my left arm.

Binuksan ko ang pinto ng kwarto ko and wasted no time to put my coat down on the bed and grab my traveling bag.

No, I don't bring suitcases. Well when going on a mission, you don't usually bring that much stuff so you don't need suitcases. You are there for a mission not a vacation.

Nilagay ko ang mga kailangan ko. Clothes, undergarments and some of my weapons — guns, knife, etc. And most importantly, simple things that just takes space in my bag. Kidding, ropes and other 'you never know when you need them' things.

Tapos na ako magimpake nang makarinig ako ng katok sa pinto. I turned around to see my dad holding documents on his right hand and the other is holding a suit.

"Hey dad" I said at umupo sa kama at ibinaba ang bag kong inihanda. He smiled and walked towards me.

"Here are your documents, read them on your way there. They may ask you specific questions regarding your resume. And here ... is your suit" saad niya at inabot sakin ang mga dala dala niya.

Since the documents were already in a clear folder, I placed this in my bag and stood up to take a better look at the suit. It's not that different from the suit I usually wear so..

"What's the difference from my suit?" I asked as I try it on. Don't worry, pinatong ko lang sa damit kong suot to see if it really fits me.

"Well, it's a bodyguard suit. You need to look professional in their eyes so you can have a much higher chance of getting picked" I nodded and looked at myself in the mirror.

Sinuklay ko palikod ang buhok ko and checked if it did anything to hide my girlish feature. But oh well, they will get to see a beautiful and handsome person.

I fixed my necktie and cleared my throat to see if I sound and look like a boy.

"How do I look and sound dad?" I asked dad in a low tone and fixed my posture to make this act look real. Dad didn't answer for a few seconds kaya lumingon ako sa kanya and saw that his mouth was wide open and was staring at me speechless.

"Dad? There's a fly" I still said in a low tone and pointed at his mouth. I need to get used to this voice if I don't want my cover to blew up when I get there.

"Are you even my daughter? Or are you really a daughter?" Dad asked and took a close inspection at me. I laughed in the same tone, and he stared at me.

"No, it's Kaiden Hirosmo"  I said and slightly bowed to tease my father. He really look shocked, I only use this tone on missions as an undercover. So, it's understandable that my dad can't get over it.

"You look and sound great sweetie. I also like the name, but since when can you talk like that? It's perfect, I had my doubts that you are a girl" dad said and fixed the crumpled parts on my suit.

"I talk like this in missions dad, I also learned it from Reycko" I said and he nodded.

"You make a great act sweetie. Now rest up, you will be leaving first thing tomorrow morning" dad said and patted my head. Dad isn't that touchy touchy but he is very soft with his words.

"Goodnight dad" I said and smiled at him.

"Goodnight" he said and turned to leave my room. Once he shut the door, I took off the suit at isinampay ito sa hook ng closet ko.

I bounced on my bed and turned on my phone to research information about Montaignes little princess.