Part 14: I waited

November 27, 1990

It had been years since that happened now. Delilah was in the airport, she had just got off a plane. She looked around the crowds of people, looking for them. Then she saw them and smiled as she quickly ran over to them. "Auntie!" A little blonde boy said as he ran to her. Delilah crouched to hug him, "hi, Carson!" She said. Then she stood up and smiled. She looked at the familiar faces. Diana who had her same short blonde hair that went to her shoulders, her same ocean blue eyes. Same William with his fluffy black hair and dark eyes. The same model and fashionista Destiny, her same long silky black hair and dark almond shape eyes. Lucas, same dark hair and brown eyes. They all looked the same but very different at the same time, more mature. She hugged them all one by one.

They all went back to Diana's house. They all sat down on the couches and catches up on life. "So now that i finished school I thought I could get a job down here!" She said. "Oh! I forgot to tell you!" Destiny quickly said as she stood up and walked over to Delilah and held out her left hand which had a engagement ring on it, "me and Justin got engaged!" She said, "oh wow, congrats!" Delilah said. She looked over at Lucas. He obviously still had deep feelings for Destiny, he was all slouched over and looked down.
Then Delilah over looked and glanced at the tv. She saw someone, she hadn't seen in what seemed like a lifetime. Theodore Woods. It was the sports segment on the news. He was interviewed, "we are here with Teddy Woods, a member of the Colorado Rockies and who's from our hometown of Glendale." She drowned out all the noise and just stared at him. "Yeah and I actually still live in Glendale, the home I actually grew up in."
Delilah knew exactly were that was. The little pale blue house right down the street from the house she grew up in. Then the tv turned black for a second and turned into The Smurfs. Delilah looked over and saw Carson sitting on the couch with the remote in his hand. Diana walked over to him, "Carson, give me the remote!" She said and he handed it over. She walked over and put it on the top of the chimney with all the framed photos and a doodle that Carson drew.

The next morning, Delilah got out of bed very early. She would be moving into her place now. She grabbed her 5 boxes that she had and loaded it up in her red Mini Cooper. She was filled with excitement to finally be back in her hometown, living at her own place.

She parked in the big crowded parking lot. She grabbed a few of her boxes and looked around. The apartment buildings were nice. They were painted white with blue accents. They looked like they had just been built, brand new. "Building, 7 apartment E" she mumbled as she walked up the stairs of building number 7. Delilah reached the top and set down the boxes as she unlocked the door. The cold air hit her and she shivered a bit. She laid down on the floor that clearly need to be swept and laughed. She was so happy in the moment, the only thing that could make her happier is him right next to her laying down laughing with her.

Delilah quickly got in her car and drove to him. She knew where he was, he'd always been there.

When she finally reached the house, it was the exact same. Not a single thing was out of place. It was the exact same it was 7 years ago. She got out the car and just stood there staring at it. Then he walked out. It's like he knew she was coming. He did the same, just stared. "I- uh- I saw you on the news" she said. He didn't say anything, "i- um, I'm sorry this was stupid I know you don't wanna see me!"
Then as she turned back he ran to her. "Um would you like to come in?" He asked.

There they sat in silence on the couch. "So I heard that you are a professional baseball player" Delilah said, "oh yes! I play the Denver Colorado Rockies." Delilah smiled, "that's so amazing. I'm so happy for you" she replied.
"So what about you?"
"Oh I just finished medical school and I'm starting to look for a job."
They were silent for a couple seconds, "oh um have you ate at all today? I was just about to have breakfast" Teddy said, "um no not yet."

They sat at the table as they ate breakfast. Every couple of seconds they would look up and stare at each other and then look back down and their plate.

After breakfast Teddy and Delilah hung out for almost the whole day. "Well um it's kinda late now and I gotta go to my parents house, they want me to help with Thanksgiving meal prep or something" Delilah said, "oh well why don't I go with you, it's down the street" Teddy replied and chuckled softly. Delilah smiled, "okay!"

They walked into her parents house and everyone  was there, her parents of course, Diana, William, Carson, Destiny, and Lucas. "Hey, everyone! Hope you don't mind I brought someone." Everyone looked up and stared at Teddy . The couldn't believe it after what happened to them.

After they walked back to Teddy's house and sat on the porch steps. They just talked and laughed like old times, like nothing even happened. "I better go it's already late" Delilah said, "oh yeah"
They both stood up and Delilah walked to her car. She stood there and turned back to him. "I waited 8 years for you! And you couldn't even call me and say hi! Not even a lousy letter!" She yelled back. "I thought you never wanted to see me again!"
"Are you kidding me? I was just mad at you, I still love you!"
Teddy paused and then Delilah ran back into his arms and kissed him.