Part 5: End of Sophomore Year

May 28, 1981

It was the last day of school, 8th period. People were so eager to get out of there. Everyone was talking about their plans for summer. Delilah sat in the back of the class as she watched everyone talking and laughing. Then Lucas walked up to her, "I see you're also a stalker" he said as he sat down next to her, "what are you talking about? Their talking I'm just overhearing it" Delilah replied. "So where are your friends?" He asked, well I don't really have any, I just hand out with my sister and her boyfriend" she replied, "well you have Teddy" Lucas said, "yeah but he's popular and I'm me" "come on don't beat yourself up like that" "well you know how people talk about me" Delilah said, "yeah but what people say sometimes isn't true at all." Delilah smiled, "you know you're a good person and I think if Destiny can't see that it's her loss" she said, "thanks." Then the last bell rang and everyone quickly and excitedly ran out the door. Delilah got up and put her stuff in her bag, "you know we should all do something this summer" Lucas suggested, "who?" Delilah asked, "me, you, your sister, her boyfriend, Destiny and Teddy" "oh that could be fun" "cool, um here's my number." Lucas then took a pen out his bag and wrote and number on Delilah's hand. "Thanks Lucas, have a nice summer" she said, "you too." "What was that about?" Diana said behind her, Delilah jumped, "you scared me!" She said, "you and Lucas...?" "No he just said we should all something this summer" Delilah said, "you know I think he just asked you out?" "No no he like Destiny" "who doesn't? Anyways you should call him and we could all hang out."

Delilah ran up to Teddy, he was talking with Destiny. All of the sudden Delilah got a weird feeling, "um hey Teddy" she said, "hey, um Destiny said we all hang out this summer, are you up for it?" He asked, "yeah actually I was just gonna ask you" "great you should text me when" Destiny said, "okay." Then Destiny walked away, "so um Teddy...do you wanna hang out right now?" Delilah asked, "oh sure" Teddy replied, "okay cool."

In Teddy's room they were watching movies and talking. "So Teddy you're gonna a senior next year" Delilah said, "yeah I'm kind of nervous about it" "really why?" "Well because...I'm only gonna have 1 more year hang out with you" "oh...what about Destiny?" "Her too, but mostly you." Delilah's face turned red, he's gonna miss me out of all people? "Hey Teddy?" "Yeah" "aren't you embarrassed to hang out with me?" "No of course not! Well I mean-" "you are!" Delilah said, "no I'm not!" "Well I'm sorry I'm not popular like you and your cool friends!" "No Delilah!" Then Delilah grabbed her stuff and walked out.

I should have known, that's why I have no friends I'm just an embarrassment! Delilah quickly walked down the sidewalk to her house, which was only a few blocks away.