DEYANIRA ~ 21

⚠️️ Self harm ⚠️

⚠️️ Self harm ⚠️

Only three days left. Three days till my eighteenth birthday and I can finally be out of here.

I was walking down the hallway when I saw Keir in his room. I stopped walking to take a look at
him.

He looked as handsome as ever. I hadn't noticed that he was with a girl until the girl laughed as if she was being choked.

My heart broke...again. Clearly he doesn't care about how my feelings and he doesn't care about me.

Explain how he would come here with a girl when he knows that I am here most of the time.

I ran back to my room and locked the door. I went over to my bathroom and took out my first aid kit.

I took off my jeans and switched on my lighter. I brought the lighter up to my thighs and burnt the skin.

Sometimes when I say "I'm okay". I need someone to look me in the eye, hold me tight and say " I know you are not okay"

I may smile, laugh, say I'm okay but I'm not. I just need someone to notice that I'm hurting too.

I'm always there for everyone but I need someone to be there for me too. I'm going through too much right now and sometimes I just think of ending it all.

But I remember that I'm a mother and my kids need me. I remember that I'm a sister and Lily and Draco need me. I remember that I'm a friend and Saskia needs me.

I stood up from the floor after an hour. I put everything where it belongs and went out to my room.

I changed my clothes and sprayed some fragrance so that no one could smell the smoke from the flame of the lighter.

My phone rang just as I was about to exit my room. I looked to see who was calling and it was Duke. I answered the call

" What do you want?"

" Drop the attitude. I'm picking you up in ten minutes. Be ready by then"

" Bu—" he hung up before I could say anything. Dick!!

I went to Kia's room and told her I'm going out. After that I went to the gate and waited for Duke there.

After ten minutes he arrived and he looked pissed off. I hate it when he is angry because he snaps at anything and anyone, besides his kids, and he looks scary.

I am an assassin and I fear nothing besides Duke. He intimidates me but I will never admit that to him because he will tease me.

" What's wrong?" I asked him when we had reached his house.

" Alfonso... I'm going to kill that guy" his fists clenched and his veins started popping. Yup, he is angry.

" What did he do?"

" He ruined a deal between the Sicilians and I that cost me a 100 million dollars"

" I'm sorry"

" And I just found out something interesting" he said with a wrathful and malicious grin.

" What is it?"

" Alfonso has another family that lives in Australia" that explains why he doesn't care about his wife and kids. I always knew there was something off about him besides him trying to rape his niece and nephews.

" And he seems to love this one because he visits them every two weeks and no one knows about them. It was very difficult finding his other family"

" Continue"

" I suggest we go and visit these people and use them to threaten Alfonso so that he can tell us the information you guys need"

" That's a genius plan but we need to discuss this with the others first and if they agree, we will proceed with the plan"

" Ok, what do you want to eat?" he asked. I just shrugged my shoulders because I had nothing in mind and I'm not hungry.

" Kendra, are you okay?" that question alone made my tears well up. I'm not okay and I'm glad someone finally noticed.

" Y-yeah, I'm fine" my voice cracked indicating I was about to cry.

Duke wrapped his arms around me and I burried my head in his chest. I could not help the tears that fell because I just couldn't hold it in any more. Duke was very warm and I felt safe in his arms.

I wish this was Keir but he is not in love with me and I may or may not have ruined our friendship by confessing my feelings to him.

" If you are ready to tell me what's wrong I will be here" he said as he stroked my hair.

I didn't say anything because I wanted to enjoy this moment in silence.

Thank you for all the support you have shown to me and this book

Thank you for all the support you have shown to me and this book. Love you and appreciate you so much.