DEYANIRA ~ 16

I can't help but feel like I ruined this family

I can't help but feel like I ruined this family. I broke us apart and I know there is no coming back from this.

I was the one that persuaded dad to send Kendra away. I was the one that caused the problems in mom and dad's marriage.

I was the one that persuaded dad to make Draco work in order to pay for his school fees. I was jealous of him, I've always been jealous of Draco.

Even though I'm the oldest and need to be reasonable I just can't. Dad has always preferred Draco over all of us.

He always bought him the most expensive items, he always compared us to him, he would show off Draco to the world and say bad things about us.

However Draco didn't like it one bit because we hated him for it. We didn't acknowledge him and always made him feel bad about himself.

So when Draco told dad that uncle Alfonso tried to r@pe him, I brainwashed dad and made him believe that he was lying just to break their sibling bond.

I know that Draco was telling the truth because Alfonso tried that on all of us. With Elijah and I, he succeeded however with the younger siblings he didn't succeed.

Alfonso makes me sick however I have to tolerate him for the sake of the Mafia and my father.

I'm scared to go against Alfonso because he has a lot of power in many places. And I also don't want to go against him because I don't want to my father to find a new favourite.

Now that I am his favourite, I won't compromise that.

My phone dinged indicating that there was a new message. I smiled when I noticed that my boyfriend, Evan, sent me a good morning text.

Evan: good morning, my love

Me: good morning babe

Evan: are we meeting today? We haven't seen each other in a long time. I miss you

I felt bad after he sent that text. We haven't seen each other because I keep on saying I have Mafia work to do, which is true. And dad needs me by his side twenty four seven as if I am his bodyguard.

Me: I'm sorry Ev, I have a very important meeting that I have to attend today

Evan: you always say that Dante. Are you ashamed of being seen with me in public. If that's it then let's break up.

Me: no that's not it, I love you Evan but I have a lot of work to do these day. Can we meet up tomorrow and talk?

Evan: ok, and please don't tell me that you have to work last minute because I will end our relationship.

I sighed and ran a finger through my hair. I was stressed because my relationship with my boyfriend was breaking, three of my siblings hate me and my father thinks I don't have a life.

I just need a break from all of this. Before I could walk out of my room Kendra and Draco walked in. Their faces were stoic which kind of scared me.

" Uhm... What are you doing here?" I asked skeptical of their presence.

" Dante, you are stupid" Kendra started, " You are a coward, do you know that?"

I clenched my fists at her words. I wasn't going to admit that she was telling the truth because I don't want to seem as weak.

" Your father loves you because you follow him around like a lost puppy. You knew that Draco was telling the truth because you went through the same thing. And you still betrayed your own brother. Dante this toxicness will kill you. Your father wants you to be perfect and have no life but you can't do that. What would you prefer, you living your life behind your father's back or you living your life freely?"

" Living my life freely with no worries about my dad's aproaval "I found myself answering.

" Exactly Dante, you realise that your father is a bad person. You don't need his aproaval to live your life. You don't need him in your life because you have your siblings but to gain their trust and love you will have to apologise to them" Kendra advised.

" We can still be happy together without our fucked up parents" she said.

" I'm going to leave the two of you to sort out your issues" she said leaving the room.

Draco and I looked at each other awkwardly. I don't know where to start.

" I'm sorry Draco. I'm sorry for the way I treated you when we were kids. I'm sorry for betraying like that. I'm sorry for causing you so much pain. I'm so sorry" tears were flowing down my cheeks and Draco was still looking at me with no emotion on his face.

" I was jealous that you were dad's favourite. I was jealous that he always showed you off to everyone whilst he said horrible staff about us. I was jealous because you were smarter than us and I was jealous that you were always brave to stand up to dad, and you still are. I'm really sorry Draco. "

Draco wrapped his arms around me. I cried in his arms because I had missed him. I regret every single thing I did to him and in willing to do anything to gain his forgiveness.

" I accept your apology but I can't forgive you as yet. I hope someday I can find it in me to forgive you Dante. I'm sorry that you had to go through that as a child and I'm sorry that Alfonso assaulted you"

" Thank you so much Draco. Thank you"

I can finally breath again.

I decided to change the story line but I hope you liked this chapter

I decided to change the story line but I hope you liked this chapter. Thank you for all the votes and reads.

Love, Shantelle