DEYANIRA ~ 10

" Since you are going to be living here, you have to follow some rules and if you break any of them then there will be punishments for you" Giovanni sternly said, as if that could make me scared of him

At the moment we were having breakfast. I don't know why Giovanni decided it was great to talk about rules at the breakfast. He could've waited for me to finish eating like any sane person would do. But then again, Giovanni is not sane so it doesn't surprise me.

" Why don't you wait for everyone to finish eating breakfast like any other normal parent would do?" I voiced out my thoughts. His face turned red with embarrassment and anger.

" I'm your father and you will not talk to me that way. When I tell you something you listen and right now I'm telling you to listen to my rules"  I rolled my eyes at his way of parenting.

" I'm listening" I nonchalantly said not really caring about anything that has to do with Giovanni. To be honest I'd rather jump off a cliff than let anyone know that my father is Giovanni D'Andrea. I would totally kill myself.

" No 1. You are going to respect your brothers, your mother and I. If you ever speak to anyone of us the way you did tomorrow then I will show you why everyone is scared of me"

Is he really threatening me? I must be dreaming because I never thought I'd live to see the day where a person would have the guts to talk to me the way Giovanni just did. I am speechless and I don't even know what to say.

" No 2. You have to tell anyone of us when you are going out and you have to take one of brothers. Draco is excluded from the term brothers"

I chuckled at his audacity. How can he speak to my brother like? And what kind of parent disowns their child because they refused to be bossed around? I have no words to explain how much Giovanni makes me want to puke.

" No 3. Do not go up to the third floor or the basement. Those places are strictly for business and if I find you lurking there then I will ground you until you turn eighteen"

Giovanni has crossed the line this time. He is really starting to teach me some manners and how to give a person their privacy after not being in my life for a whole fucking fourteen years.

The audacity!!

" No 4. You are not allowed to smoke, drink or do drugs. It's very bad for your health and you could die from doing any of the above"

Wtf!! I almost died because he sent me away and now he suddenly cares about my health. This man is a snake hidden behind that stupid expensive suit of his.

" No 5. Stop associating yourself with Draco because he is not part of the family. I don't know why he hasn't even moved out yet but I'm hoping he is going to move out soon. I don't want you talking to strangers" that was the last fucking straw.

" Firstly, you won't tell me who and who not to hang out with. It's my choice and not yours. Secondly, Draco is your son and my brother. I will not be a fool and disown him just because you did. I would be stupid to even think about listening to anything that comes out of your rotten mouth. Thirdly, don't act like some great parent now because you are not. You can't expect to be a good father when you just disowned you own son just because he refused to be part of your business. Lastly, I will start respecting you the day pig's start flying. And the next time you ever threaten me, I will break your bones and strip you off of all the money you've ever made" my tine was laced with coldness snf I could see that Giovanni was trying to control his fear.

I used to be afraid of losing people until I realised most of them were never really down for me anyways

I used to be afraid of losing people until I realised most of them were never really down for me anyways. Eblven though my loyalty and love ran deep for them, they couldn't care less. So instead of being afraid of losing them, I fell back and watched them lose me.

That's the definition of growth and maturity.

So when Giovanni said I was a stranger to this family, I really didn't care because I would rather die than be a part of this family. One day he will realise that he lost something very valuable because of his ego and pride.

I may be the Black sheep of the family but some of the white sheep aren't as white as they try to appear.

For example Dante is gay but Giovanni doesn't know that because if he were ever to find out then Dante would be disowned just like me. Giovanni is a homophobic man who believes that the lgbt community is a bunch of unholy and disgusting human beings.

Elijah is dating a poor girl and if Giovanni ever found out he would disown Elijah on the spot. Giovanni looks down upon poor people and he thinks he is better than every poor person on earth. Money doesn't bring you happiness and Giovanni is yet to realise that.

Matteo secretly wants to be an artist but because Giovanni believes artists are just lazy people he can't be one. Matteo is afraid to stand up to his father and he would rather suffer in silence because he wants a relationship with Giovanni than follow his dreams and dump the toxic people in his life.