DEYANIRA ~ 1

FOURTEEN YEARS AGO

AT THE D'ANDREA MANSION

" Dad she is a girl and girls should not be apart of the Mafia world" Dante complained to his father who agreed with what he was saying.

" But I'm apart of the Mafia and I'm a female. My child girls and boys are equal -" Giovanni cut his wife off.

" No babe he is right. But Dante my child girls and boys are equal. However I don't want my child to be in the Mafia because she is just too pure for it. So we are going to send her away to keep her safe from it" Giovanni explained and it went eerily silent.

" Papa!! Papa!! Look I made you a drawing!!" Kendra exclaimed running into the room with a paper. Kendra was a smart four year old girl who unlike some other four year olds spoke like an adult and this impressed the D'Andrea family.

" Get away from me Kendra. I don't want to see you and your drawing!!" Giovanni shouted and Amelia gasped at the audacity. She was about to say something but she was held back by her son Dante.

" Papa you no like it...?" Kendra's bottom lip quivered and her eyes glistened at her father's harsh words. Never in her four years of living has her father refused her drawing or even shouted at her.

Giovanni felt really bad for doing this but it had to be done or else it will be hard for Kendra to leave. He hoped someday that Kendra would understand why he did this.

" Yes I don't, now go and pack your bags because tomorrow we are going somewhere. Pack everything you will need OK?" Giovanni nodded and Kendra nodded.

" OK Papa!!" she shouted running off to her room to pack her clothes.

" Why are we doing this Gio? We could just keep her in this house and home school her or something. Not send her away. " Amelia asked. She had always wanted a daughter and now that she had one she couldn't bring herself to send her away just because she is a girl and can't be in the Mafia.

" Its for the best and one day she will understand" Giovanni said in a tone that safe end of discussion.

The next day Kendra was dropped off at an orphanage without an explanation. The girl cried and cried until she was hit by the wardens for producing unworthy tears. That day was the day Kendra stopped crying all in all. And her hate for her family started brewing in her.