Chapter 26

heyyy so i think this chapter is a bit of a time skip, more focused on the new season, so sorry for ghosting this story, i promise i havent forgotten about it! i hope you enjoy!!

POV no one: Maya and Carina have been fighting nonstop recently, neither were really home, Maya more than Carina, but either way it was causing some majors anxiety for Blakely.

The 11 year old couldn't sleep and she knew that her mom and mama would help her but after hearing them scream at eachother for days, she wasn't to sure how to ask for help in fear of being screamed at as well. During these fights Blakely heard lots of talk about the fire station and Maya being reckless. She didn't know who to talk to, especially at 10:30 on a Friday night. She needed to talk to someone or just get out, but she knew she had to go somewhere safe where Maya and Carina were going to be somewhat ok with it. Maybe she could call Jo? When Blakely talked to her in the hospital she seemed to understand the life that foster kids had. She also seemed like someone who could keep a secret. Just as she was about to call her she realized that Jo has a kid of her own, she doesn't need to pick up Blakely and take care of her problems too. What about Amelia? Same thing, Amelia is most likely with her partner Kai, and Scout. She didn't want to call anyone from the station so that left her with no one.

Maya had just gotten home and the fight with Carina had resumed. It honestly seemed like they had forgot about their daughter because she had just been sneaking around the past few weeks. Blakely needed to do something, she needed to go somewhere. So she took a leap of faith and called Jo.

Jo: Blakely are you ok? What's up?

Blakely: Can you pick me up I need to get out of here. Maya and Carina are fighting, they have been for the past few weeks and I just need somewhere to go tonight. Please Jo I promise I won't be a troublemaker or wake anyone up. I have some money saved up so if you send me your address I can take a cab there so you and Luna don't need to get me.

Jo: Blakely don't worry, we're on our way, have you told your moms that you're staying with me?

Blakely: No im to scared.

Jo: That's ok I can do it, pack some clothes for let's say a week and I will be there in 10 minutes.

Blakely: Ok, thank you Jo.

Next thing you know the ringing of the doorbell is interrupting the screaming match going on between Maya and Carina.

"Jo? What are you doing here?" Carina asked trying to hide how pissed she was.

"Your daughter called me, remember the one you guys love unconditionally and the girl who was so afraid of everyone and everything but you guys changed that? Well she told me you two and fighting nonstop and that she needs to get the hell out for a night. So i'm here to keep her safe. She's packed clothes for a week, so you can pick her up when you guys get your shit together, if it's more than a week, im happy to have her and we will pick up more clothes if needed but i suggest you figure it out sooner rather than later." Jo told her mentor and her mentors wife.

Both of them were dumbfounded, during their fights they had completely neglected Blakely, leaving her to fend for herself once Maya came home each night, or vice versa. The three women looked at the stairs and saw Blakely, with a bag of stuff and trying to keep her tears in.

"Bambina i'm so sorry, please we will figure this out right now, just stay." Carina said rushing over to her daughter, who flinched for the first time in so long.

After seeing Blakely's response to Carina, Maya realized how much she fucked up. She needed to fix this, and Carina realized the same thing.

Blakely ran to Jo who wrapped her up in a hug, Jo then bid her goodbyes and walked out with Blakely and Luna.