chapter 4

originally i wasn't gonna post this chapter cuz it's not that good but whatever lol
POV Maya: So today we asked Blakely if we could get to know her better, she said yes but seemed very hesitant about it, you could practically feel her anxiety radiating off of her.
"Do you wanna go in the living room or stay in your room?" I asked her this to make her more comfortable. She told us she wanted to go to the living room, so that's where we went. Blakely sat on the seat that was closest to the stairs and her door while Carina and I sat on the love seat.
"So Blakely, we were thinking you could ask us something and then we would ask you the same question, this way your in control and nothing gets to much for you, is that ok?" I decided to do this so she felt she had a sense of control in this situation. After I asked her I saw a brief smile appear on her face and a small nod. It made both myself and Carina happy that she smiled.
(i'm making things up for maya and carina so don't come at me if i get smth wrong)

Blakely started off simple with "What's your favourite colours?"
I said that my favourite colour was red and Carina said hers was the colour of Blakely's eyes, which were a nice shade a blue. In return Blakely told us her favourite colour was light pink. Next she asked us what our favourite thing to do in our spare time was. Both Carina and I told her we loved to take walks in the park or do something in the backyard. Blakely said hers was to write and make string bracelets or clothes. This went on for about 30-45 minutes and we found out lots of new things about Blakely. We found out she hates broccoli, loves pasta but she will eat anything, her favourite subjects are ela and math and science, she wants to be a phychologist when she grows up (which was interesting because she hates doctors) she said that if she were a phychologist she wouldn't be working with needles, she would be a children's therapist. Her favourite animals were sloths and monkeys, and that she wears sunglasses all year round. It was really nice to get to know her better and although she didn't ask any questions of topics we wanted to know more about we were fine with what we got.
"Well I don't know about anyone else but I think we should have a picnic outside." I said to my new family. Carina looked up at me and smiled but Blakely just asked us what a picnic was. Hearing this broke my heart, Carina went over to Blakely to explain what it was while I got everything ready. I cut a whole bunch of different fruits up, grabbed some goldfish, and some cheese and a little bit of sausage. Carina and I had picnic lunches a lot, it was something small yet still filling. I saw Blakely come back in and I asked if she wanted to stir the iced tea I made. She nodded her head and her eyes filled with joy, she was adorable. We watched as Blakely hummed happily to herself while making the iced tea.
"All done!" she exclaimed in a happy voice.
"Good job bambina!" Carina said matching her enthusiasm. We got set up outside in the big backyard we had and started to dig in. I could tell Blakely enjoyed this very much, she seemed so happy and carefree. We spent the whole afternoon outside just talking, making silly faces and laughing, dancing and playing a few yard games. Our afternoon was well spent.

POV Blakely: I had a super fun afternoon with Maya and Carina today! We spent it outside and played games, danced, and talked. Eventually we had to pack it in because the sky started to get cloudy. When we got back inside Maya and Carina went to watch a movie and I went upstairs for a little bit. As much fun as I had today, I still didn't know if I could fully trust them. They both seem so amazing and I would love to call them my moms but not every day is gonna be as good as today was. Who knows what they will be like when they're mad or what if they drink a lot. Maybe I should play it out day by day. I must've been in my room for a while because I heard a knock on my door then Carina walked in.
"So bella, you know tomorrow is Monday right?" Carina reminded me.
That means I have school, and I hate school. I have no friends and everyone bullies me and there's this one boy who makes it a daily task to beat me up. Not knowing what to say or do, I just nodded.
"Aw I know bella, Mondays suck."
Yeah if only she knew every day was like a monday.
"Come on, Maya is in the shower and i'm making lasagna for dinner, would you like to help me?" When Carina asked me this I jumped up and said yes. I grabbed her hand and we walked downstairs to the kitchen together. She had already gotten all the ingredients out so we quickly put on aprons and washed our hands. While I was drying my hands off I felt Carina slip something on my head, I turned around and saw her holding her phone up to take a selfie of us and saw she put chefs hats on our heads. I giggled at how silly we both looked and then we got cooking! We started on the homemade sauce and Carina let me help her with that! It tasted amazing! I enjoyed cooking with my mo- I mean Carina very much. I hope I didn't say that out loud. Once the lasagna was in the oven we saw Maya standing there taking pictures of us.
"Awwww my 2 favourite girls! Who are also amazing chefs might I add." she said smirking. I just blushed and Carina kissed Maya on the cheek.
"Ok you girls clean up and I will clean up the kitchen." Maya told us. I wasn't that messy so I stayed to help Maya and once we finished cleaning the kitchen up and setting the table the oven beeped. When Maya took the lasagna out it looked so good, but it tasted even better. Dinner was great, we ate in silence as the food was so good but it was a comfortable silence. After dinner I went to shower and put my pjs on.
"Maya?" I called out. She came up to my room and gave me a sweet smile,
"Yes sweetheart?"
"Can you help me blow dry my hair please?" I asked kindly.
"Of course I can! And I can even style it in the morning for you if you want." she suggested, I nodded my head and she began to dry my hair. The heat from the blow dryer was nice and relaxing, I started to get tired and almost fell asleep. Maya saw that i was getting tired so she picked me up and carried me to my bed. I wrapped my legs around her waist and didn't let go so she gave in and lay with me. I saw the door open and Carina came in with 2 stories. She read them to me while Maya stroked my hair, it was such a soothing gesture and it put me to sleep.

POV Carina: Just as I was about to finish reading the first story I looked over and saw that Blakely had fallen asleep. Maya and I smiled at the progress we made with her today and kissed her forehead while leaving her room. We left her bathroom light on again and we also left her door open a little bit. My amazing wife and I crawled into our bed and eventually fell asleep in the comfort of each other's arms.

i hope you enjoyed! if not let me know what i can do better!