chapter 13

POV Maya: Today I decided to take Blakely to the station with me, Carina had been paged into an emergency delivery so me and Blakely had the day to ourselves. We had just arrived at the station when I saw Blakely fidgeting a lot in her seat.
"Hey bubba, are you ok?" I asked her.
"I umm i'm nervous.." she admitted.
"Aw that's ok, there's no need for you to be nervous. These are mine and Carina's friends and they will love you. I know your not very comfortable with guys so I will tell them to keep their distance although Travis might not listen."
She started to shake as I said that, "Why will he not listen?" she asked me.
"Travis gets very excited when new people come around, and he would never hurt you, Travis is gay, so gay." I laughed. I think this calmed Blakely down a little bit and so she grabbed my hand and we walked in.
"Good morning 19! Today should be an easy day and we also have a very special person joining us today! Guys as we all told you Carina and I were adopting and this is our daughter Blakely! She's a little shy especially around guys, so please be careful." I told my team. Andy was the first to walk over to her.
"Hey Blakely, i'm Andy, and i'm also Maya's best friend."
"Hi Andy." Blakely said shying away.
"Ok, let me introduce you to everyone!" Andy said excitedly. "So this is Vic, that's Travis, that's Ben Warren and beside him is Dean Miller, then there's Jack and my husband Robert." Andy had pointed each person out as they all gave a wave to Blakely. Of course the bell had to ruin the moment. I had to go because I am the captain so I told Andy that she was on desk duty so she could watch Blakely.

POV no one: "Where is Maya going?" The little girl asked.
"Ah mija she got called in for a fire." Andy explained.
"A fire? Is she...is she gonna die? She cant die! No please let me go I gotta go help her! She cant leave me. Not now. Not when I finally found a good home please!" Blakely begged while getting more and more worked up.
This was not something Andy had expected but I guess you need to go with the saying, 'expect the unexpected'. Knowing she needed to calm the 11 year old down she took a deep breath and started to say "Shhh mija it's ok, Maya is the captain and she's the best, don't tell her I said that. Maya knows what she's doing and she's gonna come back, she always does." Blakely nodded and hiccuped a little bit, she wasn't fully convinced but she just hoped that Andy was right, after all, she would still have Carina of something happened to Maya. Right? Not wanting to think about the "what if's" Andy pulled her up to the front desk and grabbed out some stuff in the drawers.
"So I need to stay by the front desk incase anyone calls or comes in but....I do have some markers and colouring pages, and i'm really hoping you won't make me colour alone." Blakely laughed and pulled up a chair to colour with Andy.
"Hey wanna play tic tac toe?" Andy suggested.
"Sure but only if I get to go first." Blakely said.
"I guess you could." Andy shrugged playfully. They started their game and Blakely had one the first one but Andy declared a rematch. Now Andy had one the second game and they needed a tiebreaker, this last game took so many rounds until finally Blakely had won.
"Woohoo! I won!" She said.
"Yes you did mija." Andy agreed. And just as she finished saying that, Maya and the rest of the team walked in. Blakely's eyes lit up as soon as she saw Maya and she jumped out of her chair to go greet her. "Maya!"
"Hello my sweet girl, did you have fun with Andy?" Maya questioned as she picked the girl up.
"Yea, we did colouring!"
"Really! Can I see it?"
"You wanna see it?" Blakely asked in surprise.
"Of course I do!" Maya told her.
Blakely took her over to the front desk and both Andy and Blakely showed their artwork, well Blakely forced Andy to.
"Wow!" Maya exclaimed, "I love it! Blakely I think this art belongs on the fridge at home!"
"Really?" She asked. Maya nodded her head with a big smile and then took Blakely to her office before thanking Andy for watching her.

"Hey Maya," Blakely started, "Yeah?"
"I was wondering because I have 3 pictures that I coloured if maybe you and Carina would like one for both your office's? If not that's ok and I can just keep them in my room or something." She finished quickly.
"Oh Blakely! I would love to have one in my office, look, I even have a picture of you in my office as well! And so does Carina!" When Maya said this Blakely became so happy, she really felt wanted and like she belonged. "Oh I almost forgot, we need to go to the store today!" Maya said. "Why?" Blakely asked as they began to walk to the car. All Maya told her was that it was a surprise. Once arriving at Target Maya grabbed Blakely's hand and rushed them down to the toy aisle right where the arts and crafts stuff were.
"Ok Blakely, you have a very important job right now." Maya said.
Blakely stood up straight and said, "Ok what is it?"
"I need you, to pick out anything you want from the store."
"What?" She asked not quite sure if she heard the blonde right.
"Yup, pick out anything you want, cost doesn't matter so pick anything and everything!"
"THANK YOU MAYA THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!" Blakely said while she wrapped Maya up in a hug before running off to pick things out. After only 10-15 minutes Blakely had picked out lots of markers, pencil crayons, paints and paintbrushes, a few portraits and colouring books, and then her and Maya were making their way to the checkout line. Maya was really happy that Blakely was warming up to them a little more everyday, she hoped that Blakely might be comfortable enough one day to call them her moms.

Now they were home and Blakely carried her bags in with Maya right behind her. Carina had come home a few minutes before and had started making dinner. When Blakely saw Carina she ran up to her, pulled her in for a hug and said, "Màma! I had such a good day today! Mumma took me to the fire station and I met everyone there, then I spent the day with Andy and we coloured and I made pictures for you guys! And then mumma took me to the store and told me I could get anything I wanted so I got a whole bunch of art supplies to make pictures! I had such a good day today!"

(Maya=mumma/mom)
(Carina=màma with an italian accent on it lol)

It happened, Blakely had said it, Maya and Carina had realized it to, both girls in tears at the new names for themselves.
"Bambina, did you just...did you just call us your moms?" Carina clarified to make sure she wasn't hearing things.
"Yeah..I uhhh, do you like not like it or-" Blakely stuttered.
Both women enveloped her in a hug and said, "No sweetie, we are so happy that you trust us enough to call ur your moms, we love you so much baby girl!"

POV Carina: Blakely just called us her moms and I couldn't be more happy in this moment. I'm over the moon right now and I feel so special having this title, not that I didn't before but still. Maya and Blakely had helped me finish making the chicken stir fry for dinner and after that we played some games then went to bed.

time skip brought to you by yours truly!

Around 2am I heard footsteps outside our room, I turned over and saw Blakely clutching her stuffed monkey who she called 'Munk Munk' and I could somewhat see the tear stains on her face and pajama shirt.
"Bambina, are you ok?" I asked gently.
"I-I-I had a bad dream màma." She sniffled.
"Oh bambina, come here, you can sleep with mumma and I tonight ok?"
She nodded and scurried over to the end of the bed and crawled up in between us. I lifted up the covers and she went under them and then Maya woke up. She looked at me and I just mouthed to her that she had a bad dream. Blakely had settled in but now we could hear her silent sniffles.
"They we so mean to me." she cried.
"Oh bella, I know and i'm so sorry that you went through that but me and mumma are hear now and we're always gonna keep you safe." I told her honestly.
"I'm scared to go back to sleep. I don't wanna have the dream again." Blakely admitted.
"Hey, we're here and we're not going anywhere, it's ok, your not gonna have the dream again." Maya told Blakely. She nodded and both Maya and I cuddled her and whispered sweet words to her until she fell asleep again.

Here's chapter 13! hope u enjoyed! I finally put in Blakely calling the girls her moms! anyways leave ideas, feedback, suggestions and anything else! have a great day/night everyone :)