chapter 24

heyyy! i recommend reading the last chapter or few chapters for a refresher, enjoy this chapter tho!

POV no one: Christmas break was almost over and soon it would be back to school for Blakely and back to work for Maya and Carina. Everyone was stressed about this. Maya stressed because the roads were icy and that would cause a higher chance of accidents and pileups, Carina was stressed for Maya because she was so worried about her team getting in an accident, and she was stressed for Blakely. Obviously both parents were stressed for each other and their daughter but they tried to keep it together for her. Blakely had refused to let her parents go to the principal of the school about the incident, but Maya and Carina knew better. Each day they subtly tried to tell Blakely that the principal needed to know about what the boy did to her, but Blakely saw right through it. Eventually she was fed up with it and she couldn't take it anymore.

"Mom I told you I don't want to do that why can't you just accept that! Why are you making such a big deal out of this?" She screamed at Maya.

"Because Blakely you almost died! We would've lost you and you know what, CPS would've blamed us, and that would just add to the blame we put on ourselves because we couldn't see the signs you were getting bullied. Why cant you accept the fact we care and we want to help you! Why cant you accept help, or for gods sake Blakely love?!" When that last sentence came out of Maya's mouth she knew she fucked up. Big time.

Blakely ran up to her room and slammed the door, sobbing uncontrollably. Maya was still downstairs realizing how bad she fucked up and how this would effect everyone. Before Maya could work herself into a panic attack Carina just walked through the door.

"Bella what happened?" She asked rushing over to hold her wife.

"I ruined it I ruined everything. She's so mad right now. I'm just like my father."

"Ok Maya I can't fix it if you don't tell me what happened."

"I yelled at her, and I said something really bad. Carina i'm just like my dad." The blonde sobbed.

"Blakely?" Carina asked trying to confirm what the distressed blonde was talking about.

Maya only nodded her head.

"What did you say?"

"I yelled at her and asked why she couldn't accept our help and our love." Maya sobbed.

"Maya! Why would you say that?" Carina asked in a firm voice.

"I don't know Carina, I pushed her and she pushed back and then I got mad and said something I can't take back. God i'm just like my dad."

"No Maya you are nothing like your father. Yes you didn't handle the situation right but you are nothing like your dad, your not violent or verbally abusive, you may have yelled but we all do. Bella you are not your dad." Carina carefully explained making sure her blue eyed beauty caught every honest word she spoke.

Maya nodded and then said she needed to make things right with Blakely.

She took a deep breath and walked up the stairs and knocked on her daughters door.

"Hey bub, it's me. I know you probably don't want to talk to me, but I didn't mean it. Blakely, you have come so far from when we first met, and i'm so proud of you bubba. I know you're doing your best to learn to accept our love, and I know it's hard for you to do that because you have been let down so many times before. Bub you're doing amazing and have come so far, I know I hurt you with what I said but I didn't mean it. I was upset at myself for not doing anything sooner. Blakely, mama and I love you so much ok? We just want to keep you safe." The blonde firefighter was in tears, she just hoped she could fix this because if she couldn't, she wouldn't know what to do.

Slowly Blakely opened the door, the hesitation in the action was clear as day, but she did it nonetheless.

"Hi bub."

All that was received was a small wave. She took a deep breath and said "What you said really hurt me. I know you're upset I didn't say anything sooner but it's just that no one has cared like you and mama. It's scary and i'm just trying to make sure I do everything I can to stay here, and in my mind that was leaving out the fact I get bullied. I understand why you would be disappointed or upset because what happened could've been stopped and prevented but also if it wasn't and something happened to me that could put you guys through a lot, I just want to stay with you and mama and i'm really sorry that I upset you. I promise I will try harder to open up."

"Oh baby, I know how hard you're trying, and me and mama love you for that. Think if I make you a special ice cream sundae you can forgive me?" Maya asked hopeful.

"I would forgive for just a hug momma."

So that's exactly what Maya did, she pulled her daughter in for a hug and they stayed there for five minutes, every so often Maya would kiss her head but other than that it was silent. When they finally pulled away Blakely looked up and said "I will still take that ice cream though."

Maya giggled and told her that after dinner she would make some for her.
And so until then Blakely waited, while she helped her mama with dinner. Maya admired from afar, knowing that this was the both brunettes special time with each other.

"Bambina, how bout you go take a shower and after I can do your hair and we can all watch a movie together ok?"

"Ok mama, I will call you when i'm done." Blakely said as she rushed up the stairs.

"I take it the conversation went well?" Carina asked now that Blakely was gone.

"Yeah, I think so, although I do have to make her some ice cream with a crap ton of sweets and candy."

"And how did that happen?"

"I asked her to forgive me..." Maya trailed off.

"By bribing her?"

"Only a little bit but she said she would do it for a hug then after she said she would still take the ice cream so I still got to make it." Maya admitted.

"Ahh bellina, and you said you were going to be the strict parent hey?" Carina said smirking.

"Yea yea I know. Now give me a kiss and go do our daughters hair as I make her some special ice cream sundae thing." Maya said as she pulled her wife in for a kiss.

"Si si."

And so Carina made her way up the stairs to do her daughters hair.

"Hi bambina, what should we do with your hair?"

"Regular braids so my hair looks wavy, please."

"Ok."

After Blakely got her hair done she asked that Carina do the same and Maya as well. So Carina, just wanting to see her daughter smile, did her hair then they went downstairs to see Maya and Blakely told her that they should all match.

Once the girls all had their hair braided Carina set up a movie and Maya picked Blakely up and flew her around making rocket ship noises as Carina grabbed the ice cream. When they were all seated and Blakely had her ice cream the movie began.

It may have been a rough start to the day but it was a great evening, as Blakely fell asleep in the comfort of both her mothers arms.

Hey omg i'm so sorry it took this long for an update i promise i will try harder, anyways remember to take care of yourself, i love all of you just the way you are : )

Also as always any feedback and ideas are greatly appreciated <3