chapter 23 (christmas)

hey everyone it's been a while, i'm so sorry for keeping everyone waiting and i'm thankful that you have all been so supportive even tho i haven't been writing, if u want you can re read the previous chapter/chapters and if not that's ok to, i'm hoping to write more and i promise to try harder for all of you, anyways i hope you enjoy the well overdue chapter!

POV Carina: It's almost Christmas time and both Maya and I are very excited. We have both always loved Christmas but this year we have another person to celebrate with. So far Blakely hasn't said anything about wanting presents or wanting to get people presents and i'm not sure why. I was actually planning on starting to decorate the house today seen as how Maya is at the station and Blakely is home with me. Since school is now out for the holidays.

"Bambina!" I called.

"Yea?" She asked coming down the stairs.

"Would you like to decorate the house with me?" I asked as I placed a few knickknacks around on the shelves.

"What are we decorating for?"

"Christmas!" I told her with a big smile.

"Oh, isn't that when there's trees with pretty things and lights on it, and you give people presents?" She said, clearly confused.

"Yes bambina, those trees are called 'Christmas trees' and the stuff on it is 'ornaments'. Have you not celebrated Christmas before?"

"No."

"Oh..." I couldn't believe that the bambina hasn't celebrated Christmas before. That was mine and Maya's favourite holiday, and we go all out when it comes to Christmas. We have the lights, the trees, the decorations, the Christmas pillows, sheets, blankets and everything in between, including a secret santa with our friends from the station and hospital.

This was going to be the best first Christmas Blakely would have, and I am going to make sure of it.

TIME SKIP!

After lunch I decided to take Blakely to the mall, because I wanted to get her some Christmas ornaments and decorations for her room.

Once at the ornament shop I made sure to get one that had three little penguins wearing Christmas hats that had our names and the year on it, as that was a tradition that Maya and I did each year. Then I picked others for Blakely and she picked a few for herself as well. For her room we got a mini Christmas tree and some cute lights and signs. I also snuck in a pair of pyjamas in there. Usually Maya and I get matching pyjamas for us every Christmas so we did the same thing but we bought a smaller pair for our girl, and another pair with little Christmas characters on it.

As we were walking out I saw that the mall santa was there, I looked at Blakely and said, "Hey bambina, do you wanna go see santa and take pictures with him?"

She looked at the man dressed up and back at me and shook her head.

"Why bella?" I asked confused.

"He looks scary." She said in a quiet voice.

I honestly forgot about her past and how she was still scared or weary around men.

"Oh bambina I'm sorry, we don't have to go if you don't want to si?"

She nodded and grabbed my hand as we walked out to the car.

Once we made it home I told her what Maya and I usually do for Christmas and asked her if she would like to join.
I got the response that I figured she would say but I hoped she wouldn't.

"It seems like fun but that seems like something you and momma only do together so I don't wanna wreck your traditions with momma." Was Blakely's response.

"Bambina, we want you to be part of these traditions! Your momma would agree with me to, we want to show you all our fun holiday traditions while doing them with you, ok?"

"Ok mamà."

A few days later!

Today it was the Station 19 annual Christmas get-together, earlier this month the team had all drawn names for a secret santa. Right now everyone had gifts on their laps ready to give to the designated person and everyone was excited.

Andy ended up pulling Carina's name and she got her some matching coffee mugs for the three of us (obviously Blakely would put hot chocolate in hers) and a travel one for when she goes to work.

Maya pulled Ben's name and decided to get him some workout stuff and a piece of paper saying they would be able to watch Pru if he and Miranda wanted to go out, it was a homemade coupon.

Travis pulled Sullivan's name and got him some gift cards to get stuff for his new place.

Emmett got Andy and he bought some pots and pans along with a recipe book full of mexican desserts.

Ben got Emmett a book that he had been wanting for a while.

Carina pulled Travis' name and got him a bunch of home-y decorations along with pictures she found of him and the members of the team.

Vic got Maya a bunch of sports equipment for snowboarding for her and Blakely.

Sullivan got Jack a waterbottle and some gift cards for this restaurant he really likes.

Jack got Vic a gift card to her favourite restaurant and some pictures of her and Dean, it was safe to say that made her cry...a lot.

Blakely pulled out Pru's name got her a firefighter barbie doll set with some clothes.

Pru got Blakely some paints and brushes, along with come canvas' for her to paint on.

Needless to say everyone loved their gifts and couldn't wait to use them or put them up somewhere in their homes.

                   Christmas day
It was Christmas day in the Deluca-Bishop home and the two adults were stoked. They couldn't wait to celebrate their first Christmas with their daughter. There were so many things underneath the tree, they might have went a little overboard. Blakely spent a good hour and a half opening gifts, obviously most were from Maya and Carina, but there were also a few from Jo, Amelia, Andy, and the Warren family. It was pretty easy to see that this girl was extremely loved and spoiled. She got some paints and brushes, stuffed animals, clothes, shoes and much more. As she unwrapped each one she carefully examined it, really taking in the moment and the happiness she felt. Maya and Carina loved how happy she was with everything and when they were done opening presents Blakely told them to wait.

"I have something for you guys too." She said shyly.

"Aww Blakers, you didn't need to get us anything." Maya told her.

"But I wanted to, let me go grab it." She said rushing up the stairs to her room.

When she came back down she had two small boxes wrapped neatly with the Christmas wrapping paper and handed one to Carina and the other to Maya.

Carefully both girls unwrapped their gifts and opened the boxes, inside they found a necklace with all their birth stones on it and on the back there was a date engraved. The date was the day that Blakely's life changed for the better, it was the day she went home with Maya and Carina.

Both adults were crying at how thoughtful the gift was and went to hug their girl. They loved her so much and Blakely felt the same way.

The rest of the day was quiet, Blakely tried on all the clothes she got and put on a little fashion show, they watched some movies and had hot chocolate and just spent some quality time as a family.

HIIIII! ok i'm so sorry, i literally haven't posted since november and i feel terrible, anyways i hope everyone is doing well and thank you for all the love and support. i promise to try and update more often : )