chapter 9

thank you so much for 2k reads! i'm so thankful for all of your support and ideas💕

previously: Maya scheduled the next home check then Rosie left.

POV no one: Everyone was silent. The only thing that could be heard were the faint breaths but other then that it was complete silence. Carina had sat down at the kitchen table and Maya had been leaning against the front door after closing it, and Blakely, she stood on the stairs with her head down. No one knew what to say, they knew they needed to talk about the letter but they didn't know how to bring it up. Eventually Carina had decided there was no way to 'easily' bring this up so she flat out said it. "Bambina, I think you me and Maya should talk."
Slowly, Blakely made her way to the table and Maya was right behind her. Once they sat down Carina spoke up again and said, "We saw the letter last night." She didn't know what to say after that so she figured she would let Blakely answer.
"Yeah, I uh, I know." the 11 year old said in a small voice.
Now it was Maya's turn to say something, "We aren't mad at you in the slightest sweetheart but we just wanna know why you wrote it."
Obviously no one knew what to say, there was an obvious reason why Blakely wrote it, both Maya and Carina know it but they just didn't know how to say it.
"I guess it's because I was never told what was gonna happen. When a child is fostered it's the foster parents choice if they wanna continue to foster, then it's the child's choice. I didn't know what you guys were gonna say and I wrote the note to maybe sway your choice. Basically I thought if I opened up a little you would keep me here longer and I know that's not the right thing to do because if the foster parents aren't happy caring for a certain child then they shouldn't have to. If the note swayed your opinion in the slightest then I would like you to call my social worker and give me back because I don't want you to be unhappy." Blakely rambled.
Woah. That was a lot of information for both women to process. It hurt them to think that Blakely thought she wasn't wanted here, of course they wanted her. The little girl brings so much joy into their lives and her smile is so beautiful. She's always so thankful and the littlest things make her so overjoyed. So why on earth would they wanna give her back.
"Oh bambina, of course we want you here. We've wanted you here from the start. Both Maya and I know we want to continue to foster you and we decided that we would let you make the choice if you wanted to stay or not. We never wanted to make you feel like you weren't wanted here and we're sorry if we did. We love and care for you so much my sweet girl." Carina told Blakely everything that her and Maya were thinking. When she finished Blakely's eyes had a little sparkle and there was a small smile on her face. Knowing she was wanted made her happy and it filled her heart with joy.
"Come here honey." Maya said gesturing the girl over. When Blakely walked over both Maya and Carina stood up and enveloped the girl in a hug. The small brunette was a little taken aback by the certain affection but she warmed up to it. After the sweet moment Carina pulled back and said, "Okay my girls how bout we order some pizza, then we can decide what to do after." Both Maya and Blakely agreed and Carina went to order the food. Maya and Blakely had stayed in the hug a bit longer but this time it was more of a side hug. Being this close with Blakely brought back a bit of nostalgia for Maya, although she didn't know if Blakely remembers her she hopes she does. Finally Blakely pulled back from the hug and gave Maya a small smile before heading upstairs.

POV Blakely: I hugged Maya for a while, part of it was comforting but the I also wanted to figure out where I knew her from. I swear I know her. I don't know how, I don't know why but I do know that I know her. Right now I was just laying on my bed looking at the ceiling as I held the stuffed animal blanket thing in my hands.
(the stuffed animal is a monkey but the body part is like a blanket thing. sry that's a bad description lol)
I named the stuffed animal 'Monk Monk' and I guess you could say he's my comfort item. The first day I got here he was sitting on the bed, on the inside I was very happy because I had never gotten my own stuffy before. If I had one at a previous home I had to give it back before I left. I didn't show the girls my happiness because I didn't want them to think I was childish but I think they know I love the stuffy. Suddenly the smell of pizza came into the house and I heard Carina calling me for dinner. I quickly washed up and made my way downstairs. The three of us watched a show while we ate our pizza and then we cleaned up.
"Hey sweetheart what's up?" Maya asked me, I didn't realize I was pacing the floor. I snapped out of it after a moment and said, "Oh umm can I go like take a shower?" God I sound so stupid saying that.
"Of course you can Blakey, you don't need to ask us." She told me.
"Blakey?" I asked her.
"Yea it's a nickname, do you like it?"
I thought about it, i've never had a nickname before other then the mean ones but I liked this one. I nodded my head and went upstairs to shower.

POV no one: The rest of the evening went by quickly, Maya made popcorn and then they all watched a movie. After the movie Blakely went to bed and so did Maya and Carina.

POV Blakely: (dream)
I was back with my birth parents. My father had strapped me down to the operating bed he had in his basement. I couldn't move and it's super scary. The smell of booze and some sort of drug is everywhere and he's picking up the sharp and scary tools one by one. Suddenly he plunges a needle in my arm and then my body was numb but I was still awake. He grabs the knife thing and cuts open my stomach. I can see the blood spewing out and I started to scream.
"Shutup you stupid bitch no one is gonna help you." he taunts. He continues to cut random places on my body and I can feel the sensation coming back now. I'm in a lot of pain and just when I think it can't get worse he tells me he's gonna have some "fun" with me. 'I'm gonna die here and no one is gonna care' I thought. But suddenly the doors burst open. All these people come into the basement and one of them arrested my dad and mom. Then there's a blonde girl who starts to wrap up the cuts. "No stop it get away!" I'm scared, screaming, hurt and broken. The girl tells me to calm down and look at her while the other person wraps up my cuts before they bring me to the hospital. I look up at the blonde and she's pretty. She has kind eyes. Now i'm in a bed at the hospital and the girl is still there. She's holding me and calming me down.
"What's your name?" I asked her.
"Maya, my name is Maya Bishop."
!AHHHHH!
With a jolt i'm awake. I'm sweating and shaking. The tears won't stop and then I realize that I know where I met Maya. Then both girls rush in and now I don't want to see Maya.
"Blakely what's wrong did you have a bad dream?" she asked me all panicked.
"No. Go away Maya. I don't wanna see you. Why would you leave me like that? You knew the whole time and you didn't even say anything. How could you do that? You told me you cared and you wouldn't leave but then you did but then you think you can come back in and pretend like nothing happened! Is that the only reason why you fostered me, because you knew me? Do you really care or do you just want a stupid familiar face?"
Maya interrupted me and said "Blakely look I can expl-"
"No just go away."my voice was shaking as I said this to Maya.

here's chapter 9! hope you enjoyed if not let me know if you have any suggestions to make it better! have a great day/night everyone and make sure you wish your mom a happy mother's day:)