chapter 7

flash forward to friday after school

POV Blakely: It's been almost a week of living with Maya and Carina, and it's been really good so far as well. In the morning one of them wakes me up by stroking my hair and whispering for me to get up, they give me a good breakfast and a good lunch as well. School is still the same, i'm still bullied and beaten, Maya and Carina don't know about that and I have no intention on telling them anytime soon. After school when I get home I do my homework and one of them always help me if I need it. Lately Carina and I have been cooking dinner together and it's so fun! She even said this weekend we can make some treats! Before I would go to bed Maya and Carina would sometimes cuddle me or read me a story, and then tuck me in. They kissed my forehead each night and gave me a big hug as well, even after all that I still can't shake the feeling that I know Maya from somewhere. This feeling builds up each day but I just try my best to push that away. Overall my first week here has been pretty good other then school, and although it's been good so far that doesn't mean that things can't change.

POV Carina: "Bambina!" I called.
"Hi-hi." Blakely answered while she came down the stairs.
"Ciao bambina, Maya called and said she won't be home till later so it looks like it's just you and me tonight!" I said excitedly. I was happy that I got to spend some one-on-one time with Blakely.
"Yay! Ou Carina can we please bake some stuff?" She asked me with the cutest smile ever.
"You read my mind! You must be a psichica!" I told her.
"A what?"
"A Psi-chica," I said while sounding it out for her, "it means psychic."
"Ohhh." she said.
"Sì, so for dinner I was thinking we could have some of that leftover risotto from Wednesday." I suggested.
"Yes that sounds good, let me go wash up quickly and then we can eat."
Once Blakely was washed up I reheated the food and set it on the table. During dinner we made small talk but mostly ate in silence.
After dinner
"Carina, what are we gonna bake?" Blakely asked me.
"Ah yes, Well I pulled out a few recipes and I thought I would let you pick 2 or 3 of them to do. How does that sound bella?" I said as I pulled the recipes out.
"That sounds good! Can I see the recipes?"
"Yup here they are, pick 2 or 3 ok?"
"Got it!"
After staring at each recipe for a few minutes she decided on cake pops, and brownies. We decided to start with the cake pops and while they were chilling we would make the brownies. For the icing on the cake pop we chose pink, (Blakely's choice) blue, (my choice) and yellow which we decided on together. We decided to make the icing dips first to let them cool in the fridge.
"Bambina wait," I said before she started to mix the food colouring in the plain icing, "Your missing something."
"What? What am I missing?" she asked frantically.
"Well we need our aprons and chef hats don't we?" I smiled. Blakely nodded and I went to pull out the aprons and hats. Earlier this week I had gotten Blakely an apron that looks exactly like mine except it has her name on it. I thought this was adorable because she always said how pretty mine was and she thought it was cool that my name was on mine.
"Ok so this one is yours now!" I told her as I held it up so she could see it. She gasped in excitement, she got so happy by this and it just proved how humble she is.
"We're matching now! Look Carina it even has my name on it!" Blakely was so happy by this and she just kept twirling around the kitchen with her new apron on. It was adorable and I couldn't help but take a video of it. After 5 minutes of her twirling around I decided to stop her so we could get baking, "Ok my sweet girl we should get baking now because if not your gonna get super duper dizzy."
One last twirl and Blakely stopped, "Woah." she exclaimed.

POV no one: The girls had finally started to mix the icing and as Carina finished mixing her bowl of icing she got out the rest of the ingredients. Blakely had still been mixing her first one and Carina started mixing the last bowl. By the time Carina had finished, Blakely had as well. They put the bowls in the fridge to chill and started to work on the cake part of it. 30 minutes later they were done and now they were dipping each one into one of the three colours of icing.
"Ok this is done, i'm going to put them in the fridge again and how bout you get the brownie mix out?" Carina asked while opening the fridge.
"Kk....got it!" Blakely said as she held up the box.
"Good job!"
time skip cuz i'm lazy (they just finished making the brownies and all that)
Both girls cleaned up the kitchen then went to go shower, Carina had finished first and knocked on Blakely's bedroom door.
"Who is it?" the 11 year old asked through the door.
"It's Carina."
"Oh ok come in." Blakely was a little hesitant about the whole opening doors without knowing who was behind it because of her past but she found comfort in the fact that Maya and Carina knocked and usually said "Its just me, can I come in?". As the Italian walked in she saw Blakely in her pjs and brushing her hair.
"Carina..." Blakely trailed off.
"Yes bella?"
"Can you maybe do my hair? If not it's all good." She said in one breath.
"Aw bella of course I will do your hair, there's no need to be scared to ask me. I enjoy doing your hair." she said trying to reassure the small girl.
"Ok thank you."
Carina had done regular braids so her hair would be all wavy in the morning. Once she finished the girls went downstairs to try their delicious treats. They ate brownies and had some ice cream with it and both had a cake pop as well. Tonight's movie was "The Little Mermaid".

POV Maya: Work was pretty hectic today but i'm so glad to be home now. When I walked in I saw Carina and Blakely watching the little mermaid both cuddled up on the couch. I took a cute picture of them and made a move to sit down on the other couch. Sadly I failed as I was stopped by my wife.
"Ah ah ah. Shower first." she told me while pointing upstairs.
"So I don't even get a hello?" I asked.
"Fine," she huffed. Before Carina could finish Blakely butted in and said
"Oh hey Maya! Me and Carina had so much fun today, first she-" this time it was Blakely's turn to be interrupted by Carina. "Sweetheart can you tell Maya all about your day after she showers?"
Blakely nodded and went back to watching the movie.
"Again, I don't get a hello from my beautiful wife?" I asked again.
"Yes yes. Hello bella."
"No kiss?" I pouted.
"No kiss until you shower. Your stinking up our living room with the smell of smoke." She said.
"Seriously." I asked, a little upset.
"Bambina.." Carina looked at me with eyes that said "i'm serious and i'm not changing my mind".
"Ugh fine." I said while walking upstairs. I was in the shower for ten minutes and then I got changed and went downstairs.
"Kiss?" I asked as I hovered over Carina. This time she actually gave me a kiss and then I sat on the couch across my girls. Blakely was telling me all about her day she had with Carina and how fun it was.
"What about school? Did you have fun at school as well?" I wanted to see if she would open up a bit more about that topic, but once again I was met with the same answer i've gotten all week, "it was ok." As much as I wanted to push her for a better answer I didn't because I figured she would tell us when she's ready.
We all talked for a bit longer until Blakely started to yawn.
"I think it's time we get this little munchkin to bed." I said while scooping her up in my arms. Carina agreed and we went upstairs to Blakely's room.
"Goodnight sweetheart we love you." I told her.
"Goodnight Maya, goodnight Carina see you in the morning." she said.
After that Carina and I made our way to our room and went to bed as well.

here's chapter 7! i hope u enjoyed, if not plz leave suggestions! always feel free to message me with ideas, suggestions or just anything in general. hope everyone has a great day/night :)