"Oh, look who it is," Brad said, sounding overly happy when he opened the door. Max turned his head so that one eye was visible, and he looked surprised that it was Seb and not daddy on the other side.

The sudden tension and relief had another effect, the tight control he had over his headspace had left and without wanting to, he felt himself slide deeper.

"Seb?" Maxie asked, confused.

"Yeah, he got our food," Brad said, taking the bag, and going back inside, Sebastian following him.

"And I also got a little extra," the man said, showing another bag, "it's a present for Maxie,"

"Present?" Maxie asked, the word a bit distorted seeing that he still had bunny's ear in his mouth. Sentences were becoming difficult for him.

"Oh, that sounds interesting," Brad said, putting Max down on a chair while he got out some plates and cutlery.

"You went to see?" Seb asked, holding out the bag to Max, who looked at it curious, but didn't answer. Instead, he looked at Brad, a question in his eyes.

"You want to see what's in there?" Brad asked, seeing the gaze aimed at him, and Max shrugged, unsure of what he was supposed to say.

"Maybe?" he asked, and Seb frowned at the lacklustre reply.

"Well, I thought, since you were missing bunny so much, I got you some other friends," Seb said, opening the bag, and Maxie immediately leaned forward to look in the bag, making the caregiver smile at the curious little.

"Not bunny," Max said with a frown when he saw the plush lion inside, shifting in his chair and not making a single move to grab the plushie he was looking at.

Seb looked hesitant, at the answer, but took it out, putting it in front of Max.

"I know it's not bunny, but perhaps he can help you out until you get bunny again?" Seb said, and Max looked at it, thinking, before looking startled. He forgot to be polite.

"I..thank you?" Max asked, feeling confused. He had just been giving a present and his behaviour right now would have enraged his father, who would say he was being an ungrateful brat. Scared that they might take bunny's ear away, he clutched it tighter to himself, holding it under the table so they wouldn't see it.

"You're welcome," Seb said with a smile, noticing that Max still wasn't taking the plushie, but at least now he had the option of having one, "I'll be off then,"

"Thank you for the food, and the present," Brad said, and Max repeated his silent thank you. The moment that Seb closed the door, Max frowned again at the lion, pushing it from the table.

"Oh, Max, why do you do that?" Bradley asked, putting down the plates he had been carrying.

"Don't like," Max said, before looking at the lion, "go away,"

"Max, that's not very nice," Bradley said, surprised at the reaction of the little. Max winced at the words, and looked as if he could start to cry at any moment, but instead bit his lip.

"Sorry," he muttered, letting himself fall from the chair with a thud, making Bradley wince at the sound. The little picked up the lion, and put it on his own chair, but stayed seated on the ground underneath the table.

"Maxie? Are we getting back up?" Brad asked, looking under the table, where Max was sitting, his arms wrapped around his knees.

"Maxie bad," the little said, sniffling a little, but clearly still doing his best to hold back the tears.

"Oh, no little one, it's all okay," Bradley said, feeling a bit panicked suddenly. He hadn't expected the reaction to his words, "You weren't bad, you just weren't feeling sure about the new stuffy. You don't have to like him immediately,"